Bay Area ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Area ride

I just wanted to share one of my favorite day trips. I live in Fairfield, CA and I ride west on 80 to 37. Scoot out to highway 101 and then down across the Golden Gate bridge. Take highway 1 down to Half Moon Bay. If time and desire allows...perhaps go further south to Pescadero. From Half Moon Bay you can take highway 92 east thru Hayward and Castro Valley. Then highway 680 north will bring you back to Fairfield.
    Ride safe...
    Some days you're the pigeon..and some days you're the statue/

1979 XS1100f
    Saddle bags, small wind screen and non-original rear shocks. Otherwise..completely stock.

Hayward to Half Moon Bay (no traffic about 45 minutes )
    Then down to Pescadero, then up the canyon to Alices,
    Along Skyline back to 92 and home...

I've been up/down PCH many times. Most excellent riding if you can do so in “off season” otherwise the traffic totally bites.. In the east bay hills (my back yard) there is a route from Niles Canyon, all back roads all the way past Berkeley. Takes longer than going to HMB but on a bad weather day if during the week almost NO cages. Can almost forget about the 6+ million people with in fifty miles of ya.

mro

Comment

HMB Ride

Having worked and lived on the coast (La Honda actually), I know Half Moon Bay very well. I also lived in Hayward (I grew up in Castro Valley) for several years. It is a beautiful ride to take 92 to Skyline (35) and then south to 84 (Alice's). Take 84 down to La Honda and then take Pescadero Creek rd. out to the coast. Have a bite to eat at Duarte's and then take Stage rd. north. Connect back to Hwy 1 at San Gregorio and back north to Half Moon Bay. On the weekends, this route is plagued with bicyclists (that ride in packs and refuse to yield) and many motorcyclists that "race" thru there at very high speeds. Many bikers are killed each year.
      Some days you're the pigeon..and some days you're the statue/

1979 XS1100f
      Saddle bags, small wind screen and non-original rear shocks. Otherwise..completely stock.

Comment

last ride !!!

my last ride took in total about 7 hours. to and from on a beautiful summer day had no real direction to go in crossed the state line from nh to maine ended up on the coast before heading home. next ride up mt washington .

Comment

Working...
        X