More rally than ride... but MoM 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More rally than ride... but MoM 2010

What was forcasted to be a wet, rainy weekend... didn't fail to disappoint.
    Friday proved to be the best day of all... moderate temps and a few clouds... great weather for everyone coming into town.

The first bike under the knife belonged to draketrumpet who trailered in from OKC with XSokieSPECIAL. It received quite a bit of attention and by Friday evening, draketrumpet was not only able to ride it away... but also stop when needed thanks to the brake work he did.
    Got to hand it to this one... he never gave up... He did all of the work on his own, with instruction from the gurus, and should be quite proud of all he accomplished over the weekend. He's a great addition to the XSive family...

Of course... I didn't get any pics of all of this... Duh on my part

Saturday brought in rain... steady and unending... a ride was out... as was the car show... so we did what any XSive would do (who is over the age of 21 - ahem) We sat in the garage and watched one person working on their bike, while the rest of us pointed and laughed while having a few drinks.

Forgive any blurry camera shots... apparently my camera had too much to drink.

Our host for the weekend, Super John

The bikes waiting to go for a ride...

webbcraft2150's bike developed a few problems Friday night... then a few more Saturday. Luckily, he got everything working properly so that he was able to get home... Probably a good thing as we just don't have enough room for another kid in the house.

Everyone stopped pointing and laughing just as I took the pic... figures...

It's ALIVE!!!
    Way to go Spiderman!

and the bikes waited to go for a ride...

So we had story time in the garage while we waited...

Everyone listening intently to jmnjrpa...

John and rpgoerlich

while others pondered the meaning of life... or at least getting the next beer...

XSokieSPECIAL

Bigfoot

and the bikes waited to go for a ride...

Not to be outdone by draketrumpet... Ivan wanted his chance to have a bike be a trailer queen... Don't worry, it was still rideable... it just needed it's time to shine.

Here are a few of the XSives... these are pretty blurry... but not so much if you have a few drinks before you look at them...

kirmit77
    and his bike was able to run on its own this time... no Boss Hoss power needed this year...
    Keep up the great work Youngun!

Montreux_Blue and kirmit77
    Fuzzy pic... but one of the few I've ever been able to get of the elusive Montreux_Blue...

C-bug and russ79
    Just chillin

Our resident Guru-illa, Ivan; Bigfoot; russ79; Montreux_Blue; C-bug and just barely making it in the pic... draketrumpet

and the bikes... waiting to go for a ride...

Thanks to all for making this MoM another success even if the weather tried its best to not let it be...
    Last edited by Wildkat; 09-02-2010, 06:25 AM.
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

Amazing how elusive those Kats can be. Not even a picture of one!! Hmmmm
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Dang it Kat.........

....the only pic you got of me is right out of the truck and in dirty clothes. And I only had about an hour of sleep the night before.

Dammit I look GOOD don't I? And that's not even my good side. ( I was sitting on that ).

Your camera ain't bad.

A couple of AA meetings and it'll be fine.

And the bikes waited to go for a ride.

Comment

Don... ummmmmm yeah... those elusive Kats...
        Maybe after several more trips to the gym, we'll get to see a pic of one...
        lol

Greg... it's like candid camera... and hey! this was actually taken on Saturday... sooooooooooo

And the bikes are no longer waiting to go for a ride...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Great pics

Look just like I saw them. Of course that was after uuhhhh,
          a few. Great bunch of people and great Hosts. Thanks for the memories!
          '81 1100 MNS - "Midnight XSpress"
          Original except:
          120 mains outer cylinders - 125 mains inner cylinders - Ceramic headers - Powder coated pipes, covers calipers, and MC's
          4 pods - Air box gutted--E3 Plugs - High Back seat - Grooved out swing arm - SS brake lines
          Fork brace - 160 speedo - Auto CCT
          All gold paint and chrome replaced with GOLD plate

"STUPID is Forever" Ron White.
          Contact me by PM -I don't deal with stupid anymore.

Big John

Comment

Okie, c'mon

Do you seriously expect us to believe that a few hours sleep would make that much of a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cueball View Post
              Do you seriously expect us to believe that a few hours sleep would make that much of a difference.
              Yea, your probably right. But I had to try.

That was saturday now that Kat mentions it. I can tell because those are the clothes I was wearing that day.

I was kinda hungover though, couldn't even finish my breakfast. Beer tasted GREAT though!

Comment

Hmmm...first he says it was in dirty clothes, then he says he can tell it is Saturday cause of the clothes.....Did you even bring clothes or just wait till you got home to change.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Ya know, come to think of it, that's a REAL good question. I wish I could answer it truthfully for you but I couldn't swear to it. LOL

Comment

Sounds like

The beer tasted extra good all weekend

Comment

Originally posted by cueball View Post
                      The beer tasted extra good all weekend
                      WEEELLL..........It was raining all weekend. What d'ya expect?

Comment

No Arguement

From me, if ya can't ride, ya gotta have something to do. We all know how much vocal chord lube is required to spend all weekend talking to other riders

Comment

Working...
                        X