New Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project

Howdy everyone, Vlad from NC. I've been reading the forums for a while trying to soak up as much knowledge as I can for my new project. I recently acquired a 79 xs11 from a buddy of mine. Unfortunately it needs quite a bit of work. It's been hard tailed from a previous bobber project which I'm going to attempt to finish and as you can tell from the pics the wiring is a mess right now. I'm open to any comments or suggestions anyone might have.
    81 XS 400 daily driver
    79 XS1100 work in progress
    http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/a...maha%20xs1100/

where you located in NC

I am just south of Greensboro
    Eric (South of Greensboro, NC)
    82 XJ1100 "Echos" Mostly Stock
    Matthew 4:19 "Follow me and I will make you fishers of men"

Comment

Awesome bro, if you're ever in the area let me know, we'll ride out.
      81 XS 400 daily driver

Comment

quite a project for sure

Hi Vlad,

You will find plenty of help here, the best thing to do is get a manual to get started. Someone on the list has a download site for free if you can get it to work. You can also download for free elsewhere, or buy a cd online on ebay for around ten bux. How experienced of a mech are you?

If you want a paper manual, I do have a spare Clymer for your bike, will be happy to ship to you for twelve bux. Its in heavily worn condition, with some loose pages, but they all seem to be there. Also, if you ever decide to change handlebars, I will be happy to buy the ones that are pictured, but let me know soon as I need to get a set of those soon.
        Bikes Now.
        80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
        79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
        83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
        83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
        08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

I'm a fairly decent automotive mechanic, we'll see how far that gets me on a bike though. The bike didn't run for about a year so I wasn't sure if it even work when I got it but I got the harness spliced back together and fired it up last week. I figure my next day off I'll go through and remove all the wires that I don't need anymore. I've got a buddy of mine bead blasting the tank and he's having a heck of a time with it. Apparently it has about 5 different coats of paint. These pics are after about 2 hrs of bead blasting.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
          81 XS 400 daily driver

Comment

Working...
          X