• Show
Clear All

• Angeles Crest Highway 2

I go there and shoot bikers every sunday

check with me if you ride that way or visit:

www.angelcrestphotos.com

I got a few xses in the galleries

really nice ride, really dangerous

will post a video of it, highlight: grabbing everything there is to avoid bambi
    82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
    No longer active member.

Hey Greg,
    The pics would be more enjoyable if they didn't have the logo splashed over the main part of the pic.
    Sorry, I could only go through about 5 before it got too anoying.
    Thanks for sharing any way.
    1980G Standard, Restored
    Kerker 4 - 1
    850 Rear End Mod
    2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
    Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
    Automatic CCT
    1980GH Special, Restored
    Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
    '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
    Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I am preparing a gallery which will be "much more enjoyable" if you haven't rode that mountain that day...

it'll be based on the expressions of the riders, I am starting to get a good collection
      82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
      No longer active member.

Comment

but there should be 2 viewable demo galleries up:

love ride 08 (short version, update by wedn aug 2nd)

http://gallery.me.com/gregmazz#100438

&

public domain

http://gallery.me.com/gregmazz#100430
        82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
        No longer active member.

Comment

maybe this is a little better:

http://web.mac.com/gregmazz/Site/motorcycle.html

click the big "gallery"

as for the video of the bambi, the ride up and down got deleted, anyway it wasn't all that, just coming to a short stop in front of that petrified animal (must have made the impression of a monster)
          82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
          No longer active member.

Comment

Hey Cobia, thanx for the feedback

I changed the resolution of the galleries and will be transferring all archives to picasa, the pictures are now a lot better to look at

so I put over 300 miles since I did the 2nd gear fix, and today it was a dream again in the twisties,
            and apart from a car going off the cliff traffic wasn't that bad on Angeles Crest Highway 2.
            Actually since the road was closed for the rescue about 50 bikers (and I) were stopped for a moment, all bikes were parked like at a motor show or at a bar except were on the edge of the moutain.
            When it cleared it got to be a bit of madness for the 15 miles until Newcombsranch, I've never been in a pack like this (crotch rockets) on such little a road. It was an accordeon. All of a sudden a guy signals rocks with is feet down now 10 guys put their feet down and all you see is feet, and you are still looking for rocks... you'd get worried during turns because of every one just cramming in and as a result nobody achieving constant speed... it got dodgy but real fun for a long while, made it.

There were a lot of bikers, I took pictures of about 300 of them, my partner got about 260, and you can see them good this time at:

www.angelcrestphotos.com

check this sunday august 9th, in the second part of the gallery there is a whole gang of motorcycle chicks
            82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
            No longer active member.

Comment

Originally posted by greg maz View Post
              I go there and shoot bikers every sunday

check with me if you ride that way or visit:

aaaaand of course you're out on the West Coast. Oh well.

Don
              currently own;
              1980 Yamaha XS1100 SG
              2009 Yamaha Star Raider

Comment

I would gladly ride to work on the east coast for a change, but I can't make it on one tank (and that's all the money left by the end of the week)
                82 XJ1100 Klonk= SOLD
                No longer active member.

Comment

Working...
                X