ride around the bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ride around the bend

hi all ;; the tinman myself and five other riders completed a 900 km run from brampton ontario across Manitoulin island and down the 69 highway to port severn.. and Sunday back to brampton,, it was an amazing trip beautiful scenery deer and moose,, despite a sore butt i made it home with a smile and an urge to do it again;; pictures to follow thanks ,,,slow mo!!
    The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
    moemcnally@hotmail.com
    i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Hey Mo: It was great meeting you and the Tinman ( fellow xs'ers) & the rest of your buddies. It was cool seeing another XS1100. Maybe the next time my bike will be working & as we discussed I can give you the complete 4 1/2 tour - or shortin' it up due to time constants. I'd love being a tour guide of the island. And I promise no gravel roads hehe. Thx for the T-shirt I'll be wearing it proudly. - Dan
    '81 XS1100 LH - Midnight Special - been lookin' a long time for this one.
    1179 big bore kit, 80SG motor
    Rebuilt head, valves
    TC Bros Forward Controls (Brass Pegs)
    Tkat Fork Brace
    T.C. Spade Fuse Box
    Dyna Coils & wires
    Mikesxs shocks,controls,& bars (special)
    ISO grips with stelleto ends
    4 into 1 black Bassani exhaust
    Bridgestone Spitfires
    Tuned by Tinman905
    & a will to keep it.

Comment

stay tuned dan

Originally posted by ManitoulinLad View Post
      Hey Mo: It was great meeting you and the Tinman ( fellow xs'ers) & the rest of your buddies. It was cool seeing another XS1100. Maybe the next time my bike will be working & as we discussed I can give you the complete 4 1/2 tour - or shortin' it up due to time constants. I'd love being a tour guide of the island. And I promise no gravel roads hehe. Thx for the T-shirt I'll be wearing it proudly. - Dan
      the boys are already talking about a 2010 ride around the bend;; maybe this time we will stay over in your town!! take care,,ride safe slow mo
      The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
      moemcnally@hotmail.com
      i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

I had a good time Mo thanks for hosting the ride and thanks to Dan for the side cover rubbers maybe I made it home with both covers.
        BDF Special
        80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
        Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Here's a few pictures from our ride to Manitoulin Island . That's me Tinman905 in the blue and Slowmo in the red.

Waiting for the ferry that takes us to Manitoulin Island

Stopped by on Manitoulin Island to visit Manitoulinlad (Dan)

Dick (white shirt) lives in Tobermory and helped us with the ferry booking

This guy dropped by for a visit while have a few in the motel room.
          BDF Special
          80SG Vetter bagger 1196 Wiseco big bore kit, Mega Cycle Cams, slotted cam gears, ported and flowed head, bronze intake seats, Dyno Jet kit, Dyno coils and Mikes XS air pods, Venture cam chain adjuster,Geezer's regulator, Clutch mod, Mac 4 into 1 with custom built and tuned baffle, Oil cooler,MikesXS emulators mod.
          Dyno tuned to 98 hp at the rear wheel.

Comment

Just noticed this

Good for you guys! Great idea for a run. If you decide to do it again, let me know. Great pics.
            I May Be Crazy, But I Have A Good Time.

Northern Gypsy - 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS - Daily rider

Comment

ride around the bend 2010

hi all! in 2010 the ride will be looking for a few more souls ready to tour manitoulin island we missed a chance this year to see manitoulin,s best a mistake that will not be repeated in 2010, think about it and thanks ,,ride safe slow mo!!
              moemcnally@hotmail.com
              i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

Comment

Working...
              X