Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures from the FHQ "Wolfsschanze" in Poland (with XS1100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures from the FHQ "Wolfsschanze" in Poland (with XS1100)

Hi guys in the U.S.,

a couple of month before (in 05/2002) I visited the FHQ "Wolfsschanze" with the Fuehrers Bunker in Poland - only to complete my historical and political background, of course.

I drove about 2300 km (appr. 1400 miles?) in 4 days with my XS1100, which was built in 5/2002 - without any technical problems.

Poland is our next neighbour in the east but quite a different country. The people are very nice.

You can use this link to the pictures:

Pictures from the Wolfsschanze

The remarks are still in german - but I think the pictures are selfexplanatory. (One picture shows the legend in English)

Greetings from Germany

Klaus

Welcome to the list!

Nice Pictures!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Loved the picts Klaus! Looks like it was a beautiful ride. (The girls looked cute too.) Welcome to the list and thanks for sharing with us.
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Welcome Klaus. More photos of your motorcycle, bitte.
        Marty in NW PA
        Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
        Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
        This IS my happy face.

Comment

More photos ...

Hi Marty,

more photos from the bike or the girls?

I made some photos from the motorcycle with some interesting buildings and so on in our neighborhood.
          You can use this link:
          XS1100 pics

Last weekend we had a little meeting, where I meet some other XS1100-driver. The meeting was called "Trinkertage".
          You can use the following link:

Trinkertage2002

And last but not least you can see some pics from our XS1100-meeting in 6/2002:

XS-1100 meeting in Germany

Enjoy it!

Best wishes

Klaus

Comment

Very nice, Klaus. How do you get so many 20+ year old motorcycles looking so good?
            Marty in NW PA
            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Again, excelent picts Klaus. You could make a nice brochure from that first set of bike picts. It's good to see that our favorite bike is loved all over the world.

Ride Safe

Comment

Do you have access to the owner of this bike and can you ask him for details about the front brake mods he did?

BTW, the bar end turn signals are pretty trick too.
                This guy has put a LOT of time and energy into this bike!

Comment

I was admiring that bike myself. Saw the break mod but missed the handlebar sigs. Would love to get the tech tips on those upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by JP
                    Do you have access to the owner of this bike and can you ask him for details about the front brake mods he did?

BTW, the bar end turn signals are pretty trick too.
                    This guy has put a LOT of time and energy into this bike!
                    ... and a LOT of money, too!
                    Unfortunately I do not know who the owner of this bike is, but I try to find out the name in our forum.
                    Klaus

Comment

XS1100 Changes

Hi JP,

our forum works! I have got the name and phone-no. from the owner of that bike. His name is Peter Hoffmann and he lives only 35 miles away (from me, of course).
                      Peter founded the xs1100-meetings in Germany. The problem is: he has got no mail-account and he speaks no english.
                      So I phoned him today and I can give you some details about the changes he made:

Most of the parts are from Yamaha FZR 1000/FZ750 (brakes, rim)
                      The front-wheel is from FZR1000 (3,5 x 17, 120), the back-wheel is from Kawasaki 5,5x17, 180)
                      The seat is from Ducati 750.
                      Not on the picture: he changed from cardan to chain.
                      We called the turn-signals "Ochsenaugen", which means "oxeye". I do not know, if you have an special expression for that.
                      That´s all.
                      I think, I will meet him in the next future.

Best wishes
                      Klaus

Comment

Working...
                      X