Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M Travel Bag.

3M Travel Bag.

I recently bought my 1979 XS11 to replace my dead Goldwing. One thing missing on the XS11 was a place to put things on a trip, no luggage rack, and I hate wearing a backpack. After checking out the local HD dealer I passed on the hundreds and hundreds of dollars they wanted for saddle bags, and went to a place called "Oshawa Cycle". They had a 3M travel bag that was the right size, shape and had the features I wanted. The entire bag is covered with Scotchgard and is waterproof; it also has some graphics done in the Scotchlite reflective material.

The map compartment is very large and stretches enough for a map book, or will hold tight a piece of paper with handwritten directions on it. The side compartments are large enough to hold my digital camera, Palm IIIc, and portable keyboard which is everything I need to keep in touch with all the email and work related BS when I'm on the road. The front compartment is where I store my wallet, cell phone, keys and various other things you never want to be without, with one zipper the front comes off and you can strap it on your belt very handy! The magnets also unzip to leave you with straps so you can use the travelbag as a backpack. Shoulder straps are also included.

With the main section expanded I was able to pack a pair of running shoes, 2 pairs of jeans, 4 t-shirts, 6 pairs of socks and underwear, toothbrush, hairbrush, shaving kit, soap, etc. Everything I want to take with me fits perfectly!

The bag comes with a section that is filled with magnets for placing on your gas tank, the XS11 has a nice big tank and this fits perfectly without causing the driver any discomfort. I find on a long ride you can even lean down and rest your chest on the bag to give your back a different position for awhile. There is also an emergency strap that snaps around the front of the bike in case the magnets give, (I was riding on a windy day at speeds of 140kph without a problem).

All in all I would recommend this bag to anyone who needs to cram a lot of things in a small place and doesn't mind having to unhook it at every gas stop, which is a downfall of all tank bags.

Here are some pictures of the travelbag.

1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Looks very interesting. How much did it cost? What is the model number?
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

There's no model number or any markings of anykind on it, but it should go for between $96-$130 Can.
      I've seen them in a few stores normaly called "Travel Bag".
      1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

Magnetic fields

I have a Tourmaster tank bag system that uses magnets to hold it to the gas tank. I was trepidacious about putting either my wallet or my digital camera in the bag because of concern that the magnetic field might alter/destroy the sensor strips on my credit cards or screw up stored pictures/settings on my camera. Have you had any problems along this line with your bag and stored items?

Comment

Working...
        X