Joe Rocket Air Pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket Air Pants

I bought a pair of Joe Rocket air pants to replace some first gear pants. BIG MISTAKE!! the Joe Rocket brand uses two small snaps to keep the waist connected. As soon as you move, they both unsnap and the pants start to fall. My problem is as soon as you need them, the snaps are not holding and the pants will be sliding off instead of protecting your legs. I call these junk! I've paid an extra $50 for suspenders to keep them on, and will be paying more money to put a "D" fastener in place of one of the snaps, like First Gear uses.
    PLEASE pay attention on your safety gear! If it doesn't work it isn't worth anything.
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

I was wearing Olympia Airglide pants when I had my wreck..all my leg injuries were because i was wearing mesh instead of my heavier Olympia Ranger 2 pants..I no longer wear mesh pants no matter how hot it gets...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Did the mesh pants have reinforcements in it Ben? I have two pairs of pants, one mesh, one not. I was wearing the heavier one's when I crashed. Didn't help cushion anything, but I had no scrapes, which I was happy about.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
        Did the mesh pants have reinforcements in it Ben? I have two pairs of pants, one mesh, one not. I was wearing the heavier one's when I crashed. Didn't help cushion anything, but I had no scrapes, which I was happy about.
        no reinforcements..although I'm not quite sure what you mean..but all my contusions and scrapes were in areas that were mesh..even my right knee was injured behind or to the side of the knee armor in the front...
        1980 XS650G Special-Two
        1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
          no reinforcements..although I'm not quite sure what you mean..but all my contusions and scrapes were in areas that were mesh..even my right knee was injured behind or to the side of the knee armor in the front...
          The Kevlar inserts. There weren't any on the butt and knees?
          1979 XS1100F
          2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
            The Kevlar inserts. There weren't any on the butt and knees?
            nope..none..Olympia gear doesnt have that AFAIK...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
            X