• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourmaster Select Saddlebags and Flex Riding Pants

Tourmaster Select saddlebags made in China

Tourmaster riding pants made in China

There are no belt loops so you can't use a regular belt
    and when the strap rips out then your pants fall down.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

I have the Cortech Super 2.0 on my Triumph. Love 'em! The only downside is that the material sun fades quickly!
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I think I could drag my old Tourmaster tail bag along the road behind the bike and it'd last longer than the new saddlebags or the pants. Fading is not something that'd bother me.

I'm checking my options but I don't have the time or the inclination to buy even more new gear so I'm just going to hit the busted straps and weak seams on the sewing machine, then keep my fingers and toes crossed when I head out across the country for the rally in North Carolina.
      -- Scott
      _____

2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I will tell you this: I bought a Joe Rocket Atomic 5.0 jacket to wear in colder weather, where my Tourmaster Intake does not perform well. The Tourmaster is hands-down a much better made jacket. I have Tourmaster pants too, and put them up there with my Olympia gear. I also have Tourmaster heated gear.
        1979 XS1100F
        2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Ian how old is your Tourmaster gear?

The replacement bags are less than month old and are identical to the ones that had to be replaced.

I bought the pants and a matching jacket in Denver, 2015, for the Canon City rally. The jacket has issues too but it still works, at least none of the straps are ripped out and it doesn't fall down around my ankles when I try to walk away from the bike.
          -- Scott
          _____

Comment

Make that 2016 in Denver, sheesh.
            -- Scott
            _____

Comment

Scott-

2010? It's the original Intake jacket. I don't know what revision number they are on now. I bought them as a set. The Joe Rocket jacket was bought last year, and I absolutely will never buy anything from that company again. I'm sticking with Olympia and Tourmaster, and I'll buy "used" off eBay if I have to.
              1979 XS1100F

Comment

Working...
              X