eBay Valve Spring Compressor the 30mm adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Valve Spring Compressor the 30mm adapter

This puppy arrived three days after I ordered it on New Year's Day from eBay. I got it with free shipping and the largest adapter, 30mm, fits the XS1100 and XJ1100 valve springs.

My reading glasses are just for scale in the picture:

The eBay seller lists it as an MTO brand but the plastic case has the letters SK molded into it.

It works as-is right out of the box but I'm thinking about making a cover or foot to protect the lower threaded piece and the valve face.

I can ditch the home-made c-clamp and PVC fitting.
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Looks nearly the same as the Mikes XS one I got several years back.
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
      Looks nearly the same as the Mikes XS one I got several years back.

I almost bought the Mike's compressor last year and Tusk has a similar one too but the prices were too high and I had the giant c-clamp. This one was ~$16.00 delivered and the adapter is easier to use, no fiddling around to reinstall the valve spring keepers or losing them when they fly across the garage as you start to take off the tool and one of them didn't seat.
      -- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

It's a no-brainer, like I said in another thread... Can't make one for less!

Glad to see you did a review on it Scott. I sure liked mine for the ZRX valve spring change I did over Christmas break.

As a tidbit... I did not realize the XS1100 had double valve springs until I was going through some posts in the last week. I am upgrading my 2001 ZRX from the stock single valve springs to the double valve springs from a ZX11. This will allow me to (safely, w/o risking valve float) use the extra 1000 RPM redline I got when I installed the ZX 11 ignition box.

Once again, Yamaha was ahead of their time, although I don't know if other companies were using double valve springs before the XS1100. Probably so, but is it cool solution to provide extra valve train stability. Those are some big 'ol valves in these 2 valve heads, esp. the 80+ engines with the larger diameter vs. 78-79.
        Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

37-40 BSA thumper B-21, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSA_B21

Valve springs

http://www.draganfly.co.uk/index.php...product/22775-

Old school stuff.

Happy New Year, CZ

Comment

Thanks CZ, nice info.
            Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
            X