Crimping Tool IWISS 30J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimping Tool IWISS 30J

IWS-30J IWISS Crimping tool kit with 5 interchangeable die sets and kit bag.

Purchased Friday with Amazon Prime and delivered today before 'noon on a Sunday!

This is a decent tool for about $41.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0195VXA10/

IWISS IWS-30J Crimp Toolkit in its zippered carry bag

Toolkit carry bag opened

Illustrated Die Useage Pamphlet

So which terminal do you want to see? I know, I know -- the smallest I can find and crimp, of course!

Here's a 22 gauge female barrel terminal with totally undersized wire from a computer fan adapter connector

None of the dies will make a crimp that holds this tiny terminal together except what I'm guessing is the supposed non-crimping alignment slot on the tip of the A10 die for uninsulated terminals. The A10 die tip slot make a dandy micro-dimple crimp that will not pull apart.

The rest of the dies make typical crimps that work but really aren't worth photographing because it's been done to death on the 'net.

Go ahead and search Google and Google Images, you know you want to!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=good+terminal+crimps

-- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Looks like a nice set Scott. If the A03BC Die is for open barrel terminals. Jetmechmarty?
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by DeanR View Post
      Looks like a nice set Scott. If the A03BC Die is for open barrel terminals. Jetmechmarty?
      Correct. I have very expensive Molex-branded crimp pliers for very small open barrel crimp connections, which I believe goes upto 32 gauge. Then, I have very large Panduit crimpers for lugs, going upto 450 kcmil.
      1979 XS1100F
      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Can you buy more dies for that thing? It's very limited if you can not.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
          Can you buy more dies for that thing? It's very limited if you can not.
          I'm almost 99% certain that you can but I am going to try and contact IWISS tomorrow when it's not Sunday.

https://www.iwiss.com/category/crimp...rimping-tools/

Information
          Iwiss Tools
          Phone: +86-577-61786606
          Address: No.198-208 Station Road,Liushi Liushi, Wenzhou 325604, China

Who We Are
          Iwiss is an industrial and electrical tool company for cable and pipe like crimping tool, cutting tool, rebar cutter, hydraulic machine and many other tools.

Drop us email to:sales@iwiss.com

The dies look like they're made to fit a variety of terminal squeezer-togetherer hand ratchets so I bought a set of dies from Amazon. If they'd fit my Harbor Freight ratchet then I can do more than one type of terminal at a time without constant die changes or breaking the bank on ratchets/dedicated crimpers.

Aircraft Tool Supply Terminal Crimper Die Set (Open Barrel)
          by Aircraft Tool Supply

The Harbor Freight crimper is red, the IWISS is yellow and so far the IWISS and HF dies interchange and work but what a surprise, the IWISS dies are better.

Dean, yes, the A03BC is for non-insulated terminals. It's a 'stepped' die and it crimps the wire and secures the insulation without smurfing the them.

IWISS A03BC Non-Insulated Terminal Die

-- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

I bought a iwiss die hoping it would fit my Ideal Crimpmaster and it did fit.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights
            Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines
            Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
            X