Intake manifold boots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intake manifold boots.

There is a company called zoomzoom Motorsports and they make new manifold boots for our bikes. I ordered an entire set since mine were cracked all the way through. The quality of them is rather good. They seem to be well made. They fit just right and putting the carbs on has never been easier. I paid 65 dollars for the entire set and it came with new stainless steel bolts, gaskets and clamps. I found them here http://www.ebay.com/itm/191920001511. I see a solid product at an affordable price. I would recommend to anyone needing boots and not looking to pay for nos or used
    80 SG

I have the same ones. I agree, they are good quality.
    81 S Venturer

Comment

Don't use those paper gaskets! They dont seal with thise gaskets. Just put a light smear of rtv on then and bolt them on.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Well I guess I'll be pulling them back off this evening. It doesn't take long and I don't want a leak. Thanks for the heads up.
        80 SG

Comment

Do you think they also fit the 78E?

Listing only mentions '80 and '81
          '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
          '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
          '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by dbbrian View Post
            Do you think they also fit the 78E?

Listing only mentions '80 and '81
            Yup.......same, same.
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Well for us Canadians, they want at least $50 shipping so its at $112 USD, and then there's the unknown costs at the border.

Parts N More has them for $110, and you can pick up and save on shipping, or at least not worry about the border. For me - its 3 blocks from my house.

Not sure if these are same quality....scroll down to 6th item. Band clamps also available there but extra $4 each.

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100/?filters[category]=carb&filters[fitting]=custom
              Last edited by dbbrian; 07-17-2016, 02:17 PM.
              '78 XS1100E (the newest bike I've ever owned)
              '74 CB350F1 (under restoration)
              '72 RT2 MX360 (gone but not forgotten)

Comment

ZoomZoom products

They are in Lapeer Michigan , 30 miles from me. I talked to them, the only part for the XS1100 that they carry is the intake boots.
                79 1100 SF Carmine Red stock
                85 Honda v65 Magna
                70 Yamaha HS1 90cc twin Californian Orange
                02 Road King (retirement gift)
                First bike-s 2-1967 Yamaha YM2C Big Bear Scramblers

Comment

Working...
                X