Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Cover $15

XS Friends,
    Went on a ride with Marty a few weeks back and my bike sat out in the rain without a cover all night. The only bike in the hotel lot without a cover (also the only rider without rain gear)

Well I'm learning my lessons having never driven so much as I do these days and I am planning to be properly equipped for the next over-nighter.

In addition, this will work well in the garage where my; grinding, welding, sanding, polishing, and etc. get dust & crap on my just cleaned rides. I also tend to ride one bike each week so they each often sit for a couple weeks between activity.

I purchased this cover on Evil-Bay for $6 (+9 ship). It's decent quality and fits my bike very well. It comes with a small carry bag and folds up fairly small. This bike is an '80 special with a Memphis shade and a back rest. I was kinda surprised it fit so well

I'm gonna go back to these guys to see if I can get a couple that will color-match the other XS11's and the Maxim. For $15, I think this was a good deal!

THE EBAY SELLER IS: acarmotoring of Oxnard, Calif.
    SHIPPING: The cover is made in china but was shipped from inside the U.S. - FOUR DAYS for delivery.
    Here is a link to the one I purchased:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/252418553641...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Sincerely,
    KURT
    Kurt Boehringer
    Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
    1978 - SR500 - Thumper
    1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
    1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
    1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
    1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
    1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
    1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
    1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
    1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
    1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
    1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
    2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

THanks for the info Kurt

Hi Kurt,,,just bid on two of these from the seller. It gets old cleaning my bikes each time I get to ride as garage dust,etc, dirties them up quick. Plus, with a rally coming up, it cant hurt to cover them at night in case of rain. Thanks for the info and heads up for something a lot of us xs'rs dont pay attentition to....Mike in Sun Diego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Hey Kurt,
      Is that one waterproof? That's a phenominal price, if so!
      I use one that IS waterproof that I bought at Cyclegear for $45.
      But, it's well worth it.

Also, I keep my bike covered a lot. I've covered mine numerous times after hours of hard work cleaning it, only to pull the cover and find my bike completely covered with dust!

A lot of covers have a vent placed in them, usually around the handlebars.
      I think this vent, while necessary to keep it from ballooning in high winds and ripping off the bike, contributes to the dust. It actually allows the air to come up from underneath, which carries the dust to the top of the bike.

Just an observation I've made about the covers I've used over the years.
      They SAY they're dust covers, but seem to do nothing to keep dust off the bike!

They are great for trips when you have to park outside overnight and it rains, though. But they tend to take up a lot of space to carry along at the same time, too.

Bob
      '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
      "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
        Is that one waterproof? SNIP
        Bob
        Bob,
        It's advertised as water repellant not water proof. I have little/no experience with bike covers. Haven't been a LD rider and have always had a garage for the bikes. I think this one will keep the water off the bike as it is polyester. Anything is better than what I had (nothing) and it does seem to be made well and fits my bike nicely.

KURT

Fitment:
        Color: Black/Green
        Size: L-220*95*110cm
        Material: lightweight 180T polyester taffeta,reflective PU surface coating
        Please verify that this cover fits your motorcycle before you purchase
        Notice: If your motor bike has a windshield or saddle bag, the cover may not fit perfectly. Please contact us before you purchase

Breathable fabric for good air circulation
        Double stitched,UV resistant,washable,quick dry,fadeproof
        Water repellence(not 100% waterproof in heavy rain due to breathable material,but good for daily use)
        Protect your motorcycle against rain/snow/dust,sun UV rays and pollutants
        Elastic hem and bottom squeeze buckle for a secure & snug fit
        Fit most motorcycle saddle bag after folded
        Easy to carry and store with free storage bag

Package Included:
        1x motorcycle cover

Kurt Boehringer
        Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
        1978 - SR500 - Thumper
        1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
        1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
        1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
        1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
        1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
        1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
        1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
        1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
        1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
        1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
        2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

It looks great! Can't beat the price! Good score.
          Water repellant usually means it well keep the dew off, but won't keep your bike dry in a downpour.

But still, it beats not having one at all.

I usually take my cover on trips.
          Believe it or not, theives tend to hit the non-covered bikes and leave the covered ones alone.

So far, so good. I'm happy with my Bilt waterproof. Fits my C14 perfectly, and will keep it dry in a downpour.

Your cover's color would even work well for a Kawasaki!
          Last edited by XJOK2PLAY; 06-22-2016, 07:34 PM.
          '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
          "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

I have one similar, have to spray it with water repellent 2-4 times a year.
            1977 XS11, lost in garage fire! YES, a real 1977-E... WHOA!!! it was fast.

Comment

Working...
            X