XS1100 LG/SH Seat Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XS1100 LG/SH Seat Covers

Is anyone familiar with the seat covers sold by mac32756 on e-bay? I'm planning to order one this weekend for my SH. I certainly can't complain about the price @ $38 shipped for an OEM-style cover.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-XS110...-/221487269980
    82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
    Website/Blog

Seat cover ordered. I'll followup with pictures when I get it and when I get it installed.
    Website/Blog

Comment

covers

Buy from him all the time, Great!
      81 Venturer

Comment

Anyone who sells a seat cover and says it fits both a Special AND a MNS, I would refuse to buy from. The MNS seat cover has special double top-stitching that the Special cover does not. The guys at motorcycleseatcovers.com sell the right stuff, but you do have to "upgrade" to the deeper grain fabric to get the right material.
        1980 XS850SG - Sold
        1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
        Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
        Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
        -H. Ford

Comment

Alternative Option

I used a local car interior shop and he replaced my seat cover with new material and also re-created the patterns.
          Really happy with the result.

Maybe you can find one in your area.
          ---
          Marko
          '81 SH

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
            Anyone who sells a seat cover and says it fits both a Special AND a MNS, I would refuse to buy from. The MNS seat cover has special double top-stitching that the Special cover does not. The guys at motorcycleseatcovers.com sell the right stuff, but you do have to "upgrade" to the deeper grain fabric to get the right material.
            I went the motorcycleseatcovers.com route for my XJ to get the OEM style starburst pattern, but it took a very long time because they lost my order, then had some other mix-ups. They seem to do good work, but unfortunately the trouble made me try alternative options this time around.

Originally posted by mn2346 View Post
            I used a local car interior shop and he replaced my seat cover with new material and also re-created the patterns.
            Really happy with the result.

Maybe you can find one in your area.
            I haven't really looked locally, but it would be nice. It would be really convenient to see material options in person.
            Last edited by Prothec; 05-12-2016, 05:14 AM.
            Website/Blog

Comment

$30 Seat Cover

XS Folks,
              I received my cover today from MAC32756 (Evil-Bay). It took the full two weeks to get as I would assume the makes these to order.

Honestly, I'm not sure how to describe this cover......

It's not of great quality, BUT IT WAS ONLY $30
              The fit is a little poor, BUT IT WAS ONLY $30
              It doesn't set into the contour well, BUT IT WAS ONLY $30
              It's not double stitched, BUT IT WAS ONLY $30
              I wasn't expecting factory original quality, IT WAS ONLY $30
              Ugly as it is, it IS more comfy than my OEM cover, and IT WAS ONLY $30
              If I had a really tight budget and needed a cover to get in some riding would I buy it again, PROBABLY.
              Will it stay on my bike long? PROBABLY NOT!

KURT
              Kurt Boehringer
              Peachtree City, Georgia

1970 - CT70K0 - Mini-Trail
              1978 - SR500 - Thumper
              1979 - CT70H - Mini-Trail
              1979 - XS1100SF - Pensacola
              1980 - XS850SG - Rocky
              1980 - XS1100SG - The Ugly Duck
              1980 - XS1100SG - Mayberry Duck
              1981 - XS1100SH - DEAD Duck Cafe'
              1981 - XJ550 Maxim - Nancy's Mini-Max
              1982 - XJ650 SECA - Hurricane
              1986 - FJ1200 - Georgia Big Red
              1992 - FZR1000 - Genesis
              2016 - FJR1300A - Montgomery

Comment

Hi Kurt,
                Looks fine to me but then I did not spend $30
                I am sure many will be interested to hear how long it holds together with only single stitching. Certainly better than the double row of duct tape fix.
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Mine should be here soon. I knew when I ordered it that I couldn't expect the cover to be top quality, but I'm also hoping that the cover from motorcycleseatcovers.com hasn't set my expectations so high that I will be disappointed.

It's rideable, is what I'm hearing, but if you're picky, it may end up costing more like $140 when you end up going to motorcycleseatcovers.com anyway.
                  Website/Blog

Comment

I received my order this week and looking for some time to re-cover. I'm not disappointed with the quality of the cover, but it isn't a great aesthetic replacement for an OEM-style with the patterned material and double stitching.

Hopefully the fitment is good. I'm looking at alternate mounting options and will probably rivet on a new tack strip rather than the little triangular tabs. The only covers I have done have been stapled to a plastic pan.

Website/Blog

Comment

edit: double-post
                      Last edited by Prothec; 05-27-2016, 07:54 PM.
                      Website/Blog

Comment

I put the seat cover on this evening with my wife and her hair dryer. The existing tabs were in better shape than I thought so I used them.

I'm happy with the quality of the cover and IT WAS ONLY $30.

I didn't do a very good job centering the cover, but oh well, it looks ride-able to me.

Website/Blog

Comment

Working...
                        X