National Cycle's "Plextar 2"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Cycle's "Plextar 2"

Please be gentle with me: this is my first posting (but in a second spot!). I am a newbe!
    I have a Plexstar 2 on my '79 XS11 special. I really can't say enough good about it. It adds tremendous stability to a rather quick-steering, and responsive bike. It is easy to mount, looks like it was designed for the bike, is very reasonably priced, and is designed to pop loose if struck from your side of the windshield by something like, say, your head.
    I have had my XS up to 100 mph with this shield, with plenty of throttle left. The bike was remarkably stable, and I was remarkably comfortable. I only backed off because it was, after all, a California freeway and under the watchful eye of the CHP. I'd sure like to take it out on some dry lake bed and open it up!
    But I digress...
    I've had 3 Plexstars in as many years. A knock-down from a rolling cage ate one, my stupidity cost another, and I've had the current one for almost 2 years now. But at the price (+ - $175) one could just regard yearly replacement as part of annual maintainance cost.
    Keep the rubber side down!
    Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

?

quick steering and responsive? Are you on the right site?gsxr site is over there....lol
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

I'm happy to hear the good news on the Plexstar 2 -- I just ordered one from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse for $124 including shipping. I've never actually seen one and can't wait to have a real windshield.
      Bill Murrin
      Nashville, TN
      1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
      1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
      2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
      2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
      1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
      2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Plexstar 2

Nashville_bill:
        You'll love it: full visibility + the protection of a handlebar fairing. Let us know how you like it when you get it mounted.

And speaking of mounting...
        Chevy45412001:
        Dude, you should seriously keep an eye, or (something,) on that squeezebox.
        Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

Plexistar 2 or Plexifairing 3

Any likes/dislikes between the Plexifairing 3 and the Plexistar 2 for the XJ11? Do you notice any head buffeting from the wind coming over the shield?
          Stick & String

Comment

I got home from Boise last night and opened the box that my new windshield was shipped in and found only a windshield - no hardware. After several phone calls to Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse, I still don't know what I can do to make this work.

They are very hard to work with and I certainly will NEVER order anything else from them. So far (after three calls), I havent' been able to speak with anyone except the operator.
            Bill Murrin
            Nashville, TN
            2005 FJR1300 Newest ride

Comment

Plexstar 2

Sorry to hear of your plight. Why screw around with the middleman? Go straight to the source. I just typed in National Cycle.com and it opened right up! Drop them a line and I'll bet they will send you the hardware. And be sure to let them know about the customer no-service you are getting from whats-their-name.
              Meantime, happy trails, and keep the rubber side down.
              Liberty

Comment

I should have either ordered it from National Cycle or bought it from a local supplier, but I'm a sucker for a deal and Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse had the best price. As often happens, in this case, low priced equaled no service. I sent the original windshield to them ten days ago and haven't heard from them yet. They refused to just send me the hardware.

I guess it didn’t turn out to be much of a bargain.
                Bill Murrin
                Nashville, TN
                2005 FJR1300 Newest ride

Comment

Working...
                X