Electronic Flasher Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Flasher Unit

I recently replaced my stock flashers with LEDs and was having trouble with my stock thermal flasher relay.

I tried the load equalizers but didn't like that they heated up, and the they had a heavy draw on the electrical system. I installed the LED to also save on draw.

I debated on using an automotive flasher but it was a little large for my liking and I couldn't find one that had adjustable flash rate.

Well after many hours of searching on the internet I found the perfect unit. It is made by a company called libertek at http://www.libertek.com It came highly recommeded at another discussion board.

I went to order and was shocked to discover that they are made only about 30 minutes away from me. I took a spin by their production shop and met the man who makes their units. A very nice man who gave me a quick rundown of their products and how they worked.

Their electronic flasher is very well made. Potted with silicone rubber in a CNC aluminum case. It has 3 wires (ground, and two for the flasher) It also has a a diagnostic LED built in which makes it pretty easy to set up. There is a potentiometer on it which allows you to adjust the blink rate. It comes with a small adhesive patch on the back which is suprisingly sturdy. I stuck it to the stock rubber mounting bracket for the old relay.

Installation is a snap. It took me longer to get my gas tank off than it did to switch out the old relay with the new one. And best off all it has a very low amperage draw so that switching the li

Been on for a week and with all the vibration and weather haven't affected it at all.

So if you are looking for a quality flasher I definately recommend picking one up from libertek.
Working...
X