Helmet latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet latch

I recently bought one of those approved metallic helmet latches. After some getting used to, I really like it. Once you get the knack of lining up the prongs, it's a solid positive connection. No more D-ring fumbling for me.

Re: Helmet latch

Originally posted by REFFI
    I recently bought one of those approved metallic helmet latches.
    where, what,how much?
    Cheers,
    Lazer

81XS11H
    why not?

Comment

Helmet Latch

I saw it in Motorcycle Consumer News. and called the number. It was about eight dollars (US)

Comment

I used to sell them (or a similar brand) about 10 years ago.. and they are great.. Price is a bit higher than it was though..
        jeff "Wags"
        Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
        79sf rusty
        79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

You can still pick them up on eBay for under $10. And let me tell you, they make a BIG difference!! Lock 'n' load time is cut in half. Well worth the money spent!!
          1978 Yamaha XS1100 Standard

Comment

Here is a link that sells the helmet strap locks for $8.
            You can even choose your color!

http://www.parts411.com/acb/showprod...tGroup_ID=2473

Comment

Echo is the one I have on all my helmets. I've seen an all metal one but they can get hot enough to give you a 2nd degree burn if left in the sun. The plastic never gets close to that hot.

Comment

The link in my last reply is for ECHO strap connectors. I forgot to mention the manufacturer and was quickly reminded after reading JP's poating. I also use the same on my two helmets and have enjoyed the convienience. Like JP said, AVOID THE METAL ONES. Really can leave a welt if you're in the sun. Ride ON!!

Comment

Helmet Latch

Mine is metal and plastic. Art there all-plastic ones? Of course, mine never gets into the sun because it is resting beneath one of my chins. When I take my helmet off, I rest it so that the straps are down or hidden. The magazine blurb which accompanied the one I bought said that it was the only one that was D.O.T. approved (if I remember correctly).

Comment

"Resting under one of my chins . . ."

I hear you brother . . . I hear you. LOL!

CUAgain,
                    Daniel Meyer
                    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by JP
                      Echo is the one I have on all my helmets. I've seen an all metal one but they can get hot enough to give you a 2nd degree burn if left in the sun. The plastic never gets close to that hot.
                      That's gotta save you 30 seconds at every gas stop on a ld ride It adds up! hmm those D-rings are mighty fussy...
                      Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

Helmet Latch

I left both my d-rings on the strap, but am considering a surgical removal for the sake of neatness.

Comment

echo

Echo is the one I sold, and they were DOT approved back then about 8 years ago.. They were the best on the market then, and the price is excellent, even now.

They did have different colors available too for those who like to color themselves.. blue, red, black were the ones I had on the shelf..

I gotta see if i still have any left in the garage..
                          jeff "Wags"
                          Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                          79sf rusty
                          79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Hey REFFI, don't cut those D-rings off if you plan to lock it to your bike. The Echo latch doesn't have a place to do that....
                            ~LoHo~
                            "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
                            X