Cr33's Awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cr33's Awesome!

I have a beater xs11. I installed some cr33's on it....fantastic! I bought the bike from a guy ( 400.00) and threw these carbs on, changed the oil( bike was sitting for 15 years, took it to the drags and ran 7's ( 1/8th Mile). These carbs are great!

Yes I sell them...shop@speedmotoco.com.

Regardless of where you get them, they are well worth every penny spent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAoddzc3z30
    2-1 stock exhaust with beer can mufflers
    Last edited by speedmotoco; 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM.
    XS11

www.speedmotoco.com

The 11 hundy is a beast!

I thought there was a thread discussing flat-slide carbs on the XS? Or, is the 33's round-slide? I think it was James(?) that mentioned they are designed for WOT applications, and not regular riding?
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Ian,

He took it to the track and that's about as WOT as you can get.
      If the stock carbs were in bad shape or just plain chimped out then a few old Coke cans with holes in the bottom would seem like dream even around town.

-- Scott
      _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
      1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
      1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
      1979 XS1100F: parts
      2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

If I needed new carburetors, I wouldn't be looking at those without feedback on drivability. Telling me they're great doesn't cut it if I don't race my bike. How much modification to set them up, etc. Can a chimp do it?

I don't feel there was near enough effort put into that sales pitch. It certainly didn't sell me.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Don't Be Chimpist! Give Chimps A Chance!

Where's the beef? How much presentation do you need?

Keihin CR carburetors are popular name-brand racing carburetors and speedmotoco gave the ETs at the track with his XS11 and its beer can mufflers. If he was reviewing and pitching Amsoil or Dunlops a UOA or handling and treadwear report might be more appropriate.

Sadly, yes, some chimps could do a better job with a set of flatslide CR racing carburetors than some people could do with a set of stock CV carburetors.

-- Scott
          _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
          1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
          1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
          1979 XS1100F: parts
          2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Not a sales pitch. Just my experience with these carbs on my bike. I like them.

I ride the bike everyday. Easy start. In town/gravel road romps/cruising.

Bike is not a race bike. Just a beater with a good set of carbs.
            Last edited by speedmotoco; 04-28-2014, 08:57 AM.
            XS11

www.speedmotoco.com

The 11 hundy is a beast!

Comment

Yes...even a chimp can do it. I have put around 3500 miles on it. I have no idea what it gets for fuel mileage. I took it to the track once the past week.

Starts easy

Runs fantastic

Good power

Does not foul plugs.

Just a ton of fun.
              XS11

www.speedmotoco.com

The 11 hundy is a beast!

Comment

Yes. That's a more helpful report, IMHO.
                Marty (in Mississippi)
                XS1100SG
                XS650SK
                XS650SH
                XS650G
                XS6502F
                XS650E

Comment

Working...
                X