Goo Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goo Gone

Like a lot of us, I ride with a tank bag. The bag holds a lot of miscellaneous crap that I feel the need to have with me when I ride. The tank bag has a map window on top that, over the years, has become occluded with toner from route sheets, mapquest maps, etc. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't really read through it anymore. I had tried various household cleaners and mechanical means to clean the window, always worrying that I might get it clean, but turn it cloudy so as to render it unusable. This week I tried Goo Gone. I bought some to take paint / varnish off some clothes. It worked well so I thought I'd try it on an obscure corner of my tank bag "window." It worked like a champ and did not attach the vinyl of the window. In a few minutes my window was as good as new.

Originally posted by REFFI View Post
    Like a lot of us, I ride with a tank bag. The bag holds a lot of miscellaneous crap that I feel the need to have with me when I ride. The tank bag has a map window on top that, over the years, has become occluded with toner from route sheets, mapquest maps, etc. It had gotten to the point where I couldn't really read through it anymore. I had tried various household cleaners and mechanical means to clean the window, always worrying that I might get it clean, but turn it cloudy so as to render it unusable. This week I tried Goo Gone. I bought some to take paint / varnish off some clothes. It worked well so I thought I'd try it on an obscure corner of my tank bag "window." It worked like a champ and did not attach the vinyl of the window. In a few minutes my window was as good as new.
    What store did you find it in? CZ

Comment

It is available at most Walmart or Meijers or similar stores. I use it to remove tape residue from any surface. It is great stuff.
      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

Working...
      X