Sylvania ZXE H4 Bulb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvania ZXE H4 Bulb

A buddy that owns a shop had these given to him by a rep, and he kindly handed them to me, as he has no H4 vehicles.

I had my hopes up, after going to Auto Zone and seeing the hefty price tag on these bulbs. Hell, the Silver Star Ultras are still $27/bulb.

Anywho, I had a Solite 60/55w bulb in the bike that I thought did a good job of illuminating the road. My other bikes have HID or Silverstar Ultras, so I was curious to see how this bulb compared.

It's definitely a whiter light, and the low beam is a nice solid and broad spotlight about twenty feet in-front of the bike. However, I ride with the brights on all year long. Judge me if you want, but I've probably only had one person flash me in all the years riding with brights, and you can see the headlight much better from afar versus low beams.

My overall impression of the bulb is that it's brighter and whiter. Does it come close to HID? Nope. And, because the price is astronomical, and you have to buy them in a two-pack, I'd never buy one. I have great HID kits from "HID Country" for $35.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.
Working...
X