Cramp Buster and Vista Cruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cramp Buster and Vista Cruise

Okay, so the other day I put on some new grips and also a Vista Cruise throttle lock and a Cramp Buster palm rest.
    Here's a pic:

The grips are a little larger in diameter than I had before so they took some getting used to, but I will say the foamy padding has greatly diminished the vibrations I was getting before and the hand doesn't go numb after an hour.

The Cramp Buster palm rest is great so I can relax my 'death' grip on the throttle and flex my fingers every now and then, but the biggest gain I think is the fact that I can use my palm weight to keep the throttle position and then put my fingers over the brake handle for those situations where I want to maintain speed, but want to be able to brake in an instant. (like when in the left lane and the right lane traffic is stopped, you just know someone is going to cut out into the left lane right in front of you)

The Vista Cruise throttle lock is great for those stretches of road with little to no traffic and then you can take the right hand off and relax/stretch etc.

All in all, I think these 3 things combined are going to greatly enhance my long distance driving endurance. (seeing as I'm riding to XS SE this year, that's a good thing)
    I may take the palm rest off for the twisties so it doesn't get in the way.

TC gave me the grips, I got the vista cruise off ebay for $26 and the cramp buster from cycle gear on sale for 5.99.
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

I would like to have that exact setup. Like you, I would take the cramp buster off for the twisties after I got there.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Yep. My throttle looks the same. The Cramp Buster can get in the way when you want to close the throttle in a hurry, but you know that. Those items do provide relief on a long ride.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by GLoweVA View Post
        Okay, so the other day I put on some new grips and also a Vista Cruise throttle lock and a Cramp Buster palm rest.
        Here's a pic:

The grips are a little larger in diameter than I had before so they took some getting used to, but I will say the foamy padding has greatly diminished the vibrations I was getting before and the hand doesn't go numb after an hour.

The Cramp Buster palm rest is great so I can relax my 'death' grip on the throttle and flex my fingers every now and then, but the biggest gain I think is the fact that I can use my palm weight to keep the throttle position and then put my fingers over the brake handle for those situations where I want to maintain speed, but want to be able to brake in an instant. (like when in the left lane and the right lane traffic is stopped, you just know someone is going to cut out into the left lane right in front of you)

The Vista Cruise throttle lock is great for those stretches of road with little to no traffic and then you can take the right hand off and relax/stretch etc.

All in all, I think these 3 things combined are going to greatly enhance my long distance driving endurance. (seeing as I'm riding to XS SE this year, that's a good thing)
        I may take the palm rest off for the twisties so it doesn't get in the way.

TC gave me the grips, I got the vista cruise off ebay for $26 and the cramp buster from cycle gear on sale for 5.99.
        Nice!.....................new grips/cramp buster..........deserves to have rust removed from mirror lock-nut and replace that fugly brake lever......
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Nice!.....................new grips/cramp buster..........deserves to have rust removed from mirror lock-nut and replace that fugly brake lever......
          Damn you Moto, you guilt tripped me into buying a new brake handle tonight!
          Shoot, now I'm gonna have to go start looking for a clutch lever too, it won't look right with one new and the other not!

Might as well go get me some rust remover to dip the mirror stems into.
          Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
          The Green Monster
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
          Got him in '04.
          bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
          Scarlet
          K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
          Got her in '11
          Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
          Hugo
          Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
          Cold weather ride

Comment

one word of caution with the cramp buster...it will get caught on your jacket sleeve when you're reaching for the brakes...takes a little practice...I have a vista cruise on the '79 but no cramp buster or new grips yet...on my ST1100 I have real electronic cruise control...and i love it...
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

that's not rust and dings, that's "Patina" ought to make it worth more right
              where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?
              Iowa the Beautiful Land 1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
              X