RAM Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Mounts

Bought a RAM mount for my phone the other day and finally gave it a try, mainly just for the speedo and a GPS. The one I bought mounts to the brake master cylinder bolts. Fits great, and these things are solid. Even when my mirror is vibrating so bad I can tell what is behind me my phone is still clear as can be and not shaking a bit!

The case though I am not super keen on mainly only because with the silicone (or whatever it is) front on it makes it really hard to see the screen with polarized sunglasses on.

Might have to get a few other farkley things from them!
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Got a link to where you got it?
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Went here to figure out what I needed for my phone

http://www.rammount.com/

Then went to amazon and got it cheaper.

RAM has so many different options you can find something for everything. I might even get a drink holder.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by natemoen View Post
        Went here to figure out what I needed for my phone

http://www.rammount.com/

Then went to amazon and got it cheaper.

RAM has so many different options you can find something for everything. I might even get a drink holder.
        Drink in one hand and talking on the cell..............step away from the bike!
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          Drink in one hand and talking on the cell..............step away from the bike!
          He said it's for GPS and Speedo use. That's where my interest lies as well. I actually just downloaded Trapster for my phone, and it would be nice to be able to take advantage of that while riding. As for the cup holder, I've recently thought it would be nice to be able to run through the drive-through on the way home and have a place to set a drink so I don't have to go inside. Of course, I'd need a tank bag to put the food in too, but I can't eat OR drink with a full-face helmet on anyway. It's just the convenience factor that sparks my interest.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

No talking on the phone, since I use a full face helmet too that isn't even an option.

Do you ever get thirsty while riding? It is actually very dehydrating. An easily accessible drink with a straw in it that one could get under the helmet at a stop would be a welcome addition.
            Nathan
            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
            K&N Filter
            OEM Exhaust
            ATK Fork Brace
            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
            SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

No talking on the phone, since I use a full face helmet too that isn't even an option.

Do you ever get thirsty while riding? It is actually very dehydrating. An easily accessible drink with a straw in it that one could get under the helmet at a stop would be a welcome addition.
              Just messin' witcha Nate............actually my STeed has several of those farkles since it wins the LD duty over the Venturer.
              81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Just messin' witcha Nate............actually my STeed has several of those farkles since it wins the LD duty over the Venturer.
                Hey, I gotta fight back! You are always picking on me
                Nathan
                KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                K&N Filter
                OEM Exhaust
                ATK Fork Brace
                LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Hey, I gotta fight back! You are always picking on me
                  Not ALWAYS................Greg fills in the blanks..........

Comment

Not ALWAYS................Greg fills in the blanks..........
                    .................................................. .......

Nathan
                    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                    K&N Filter
                    OEM Exhaust
                    ATK Fork Brace
                    LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                    SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

i just bought a Ram Mount for my nuvi gps so i can move the unit from bike to bike. works great, pretty good quality stuff. never knew how much fun a gps was until i got one! now when i get lost i know exactly where i am

Comment

I will add something. With the case that I got for my phone (shown in the pic) my phone gets really hot when it is running GPS. There just is no air circulation, which is understandable since it is supposed to be waterproof. I am going to get the open universal holder for my phone instead.
                        Nathan
                        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                        K&N Filter
                        OEM Exhaust
                        ATK Fork Brace
                        LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                        SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

My main concern about that sealed case is the fact that you can't charge the phone at the same time. If I'm using GPS on my phone, the battery gets drained pretty quickly. A trip of any distance would kill my phone in a couple of hours.
                          1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
                            My main concern about that sealed case is the fact that you can't charge the phone at the same time. If I'm using GPS on my phone, the battery gets drained pretty quickly. A trip of any distance would kill my phone in a couple of hours.
                            There is a punchout in the back so you can run a charger in. But again, charging creates more heat. The way the back is designed though It still doesn't allow for much of anything to get in other than a cord.
                            Nathan
                            KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                            K&N Filter
                            OEM Exhaust
                            ATK Fork Brace
                            LED Dash lights

Green Monster Coils
                            SS Brake Lines

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I use a full face and got an Icee the other day. Found out on the road it does not work, felt like a fool.Maybe someone ought to make a helmet with a port, kind of like a funnel to guide the straw. Then we could refuel in flight.
                              "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Working...
                              X