Tires from Bike Bandit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires from Bike Bandit.

I don't want this to turn into a tire thread, each one of us have a preference and each different tire brand and size works for each one of us.

What I do want to say is Bike Bandit is the place to go!
    I used to got to Cycle Gear here locally, but when they stopped carrying my sizes in stock, I went online.
    I've shopped around online for prices and while most other places are just barely a few $ more for a particular tire, The shipping by Bandit is AWESOME!.
    I ordered a front tire Monday and it arrived today! (thur) (and that's with the 4th of July right smack dab in the middle of that.)
    The rear tire ordered last month also took 3-4 days.
    Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
    The Green Monster
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
    Got him in '04.
    bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
    Scarlet
    K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
    Got her in '11
    Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
    Hugo
    Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
    Cold weather ride

That's what they're supposed to do! I tend to avoid places that I can remember for not getting the lead out. It is nice to read a post about a happy customer.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I agree if you live in socal its next day
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

I've had very good luck with Motorcycle Superstore regarding tires and lighting fast free shipping. I'll spare you the review of the last set I got.
        But I just compared prices on a set of Shinko 712 tires (19 ffront, 17 rear) for my bike:
        Bike Bandit - $110
        Motorcycle Superstore- $104

Just saying...... shop around and factor in shipping costs.
        1980G Standard, Restored
        Kerker 4 - 1
        850 Rear End Mod
        2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
        Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
        Automatic CCT
        1980GH Special, Restored
        Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
        '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
        Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

I just bought a pair of Bridgestone Spitfies from Cycle Gear. Here thay will match any price we can find on the internet, and they were here in 1 day. Hoping they do well.
          1980 XS1100LG Midnight
          1991 Honda CBR1000F Hurricane

"The hand is almost valueless at one end of the arm if there be not a brain at the other"

Here's to a long life and a happy one.
          A quick death and an easy one.
          A pretty girl and an honest one.
          A cold beer and another one!

Comment

i get about 11500 miles on the rear,
            and easy 23000 miles on the front. i could have gone longer on front one.
            1978e. special forks.she's a frankinstien.a bit of this a bit of that.its a monster

Comment

That's what I keep saying. Overall Bikebandit is the place to go. I realize you can shop around and find parts cheaper sometimes, but usually other places will not beat bikebandit by much. Even if they do, they either do not stock the rest of the stuff you need, their website is hard to navigate, their descriptions suck, etc... I've brought 3 bikes back to life in the last 4 years and Bikebandit has been reliable. And they have EVERYTHING! It's the cheapest place I've found to buy genuine Mikuni jets, and you earn bandit bucks. At one time I earned 186.00 Bandit bucks and cashed them in for a leather jacket. I love Bike Bandit.
              "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Once again a VERY HAPPY Customer!

Ordered 2 new shinkos Monday morning and here it is tuesday afternoon, they are here.
                YAHOO! I get to ride Wed. (well once I get the sucker mounted and balanced)
                Orders over $99 get free shipping, so I ordered 2 fronts and 2 other little things to make my order over $100, used my $3 in bandit bucks and signed up for the 10% military discount too (sorry no discount on tires)
                Shinko 712 100/90/19 for $44.16
                Oh and got a free 6" magnetic parts bowl with a discount code on their coupon page.
                Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                The Green Monster
                K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                Got him in '04.
                bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                Scarlet
                K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                Got her in '11
                Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                Hugo
                Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                Cold weather ride

Comment

That's what I'm talking about, seems petty but it adds up. I love BikeBandit.
                  "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Ill take that into consideration in my next purchase. I ordered through Motorcycle Super Store for a front and rear tire, got the best price as compared to other sites (even over Bandit). Shipping was free but not very fast. Got my front in 3 business days as it came from IL but then wondered where my rear tire was on the 4th day. Looked it up and it was coming from WA! The poor thing has more miles in shipping that it will on the road! Didnt get it until the 5th day.

Even if they cost a few bucks more, it would be worth it for a magnetic shop bowl.
                    Last edited by WMarshy; 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM.
                    '79 XS11 F
                    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Tires

One important thing to remember when ordering tires online is the manufacturing date. Most of the cheap online deals are for tires that are usually over a year or two (or more) old. I recently bought some tires online and found them to be over 5 years old so I did not install them. That's just me though.. By the way, anyone need a set for a Standard cheap.. Let me know.
                      Dale
                      78 XS1100E Standard
                      Coca Cola Red
                      Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
                      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
                      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
                      http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment