Simple Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Green

Dont know if anyone has made a review about this but I recommend this to anyone who wants to clean up their engine or anything else that is oily/greasy. I recommend shopping for it at a Tractor Supply (Farm supply store) as the local NAPA Auto parts took me for about $5 extra dollars on the concentrated gallon jug.

I used a 50:50 mix and got the front of my engine nice a clean with the help of a nylon brush and squirt bottle... didnt need to mix it full strength. Next time I wash my bike Im going to put it in the little electric pressure washer I have and hit the motor again.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Just did a search on the forum and it looks like people have reported that it is not compatible with aluminum...

I had no problem with it, just dilute it, dont let it dry, and use plenty of water to rinse it away. I will use this product in the future as I consider my experience a success.

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...t=simple+green
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

simple clean is made in the Gloversville N.Y. area,not sure if you knew that Wade. Yea, very important that you don[t let it dry,it will stain aluminum if you do.
      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

It may remove paint from your engine as well.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Working...
        X