TrueDisk Motorcycle Rotor Resurfacing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueDisk Motorcycle Rotor Resurfacing

One of my front calipers hung up, ended up warping the rotor. I called around Houston and couldn't find a shop to grind them true. Searching the net I found TrueDisk Motorcycle Rotor Resurfacing. For $45 ea plus shipping each way they would true them up. Sent them to MI, they arrived 2 days later he called me that morning said they were done and ready to be shipped back. Told me that I had a problem with the left caliper...Which I already knew. Shipping ran $12 each way USPS. So for $114 I have brand new surfaces on both rotors and they were back in 5 days. They took off roughly .2mm.
    Contact info if you ever need it:
    http://www.truedisk.net/

Last edited by rpgoerlich; 02-11-2012, 09:22 AM.
    Richard

Thanks for the link. Good to know.
    80 SG
    81 SH in parts
    99 ST1100
    91 ST1100

Comment

warped rotors

hi,

I am curious as to what sort of actual sensation, the small amount taken off would have created in your feel at the lever.. Maybe thats eight thousandths off each side of each rotor, but maybe not. Did you try using the rotors, after repairing the caliper but before truing the rotors? If so, what was the feel like, if you would please.
      Bikes Now.
      80 MNS 11 pods,georgefix kit,stock jets, HD Sporty muffs
      79 XS 11 Special, Emgo pods, stock jets, with Pacifico fairing, hard bags, intact stock pipes Sold
      83 Yammi Venture with custom footboards, 20k miles.
      83 Yammi Venture parts bike

99 Valkyrie shield and bags 37k miles like new
      08 ZX 14 Kawa Ninja 6k miles Sold

Comment

Had went through both calipers and found the left caliper pin was stuck. Got it out, cleaned/lubed and reinstalled it before I sent the rotors out with no change.

Installed SS brake lines a couple years ago. Wasn't much sensation at the MC handle. It was a hard pulsation on the front end when stopping.
        Richard

Comment

Good to know, they aren't far from me. Although my rotors are fine, I've had bikes in the past that developed warped rotors in the front which makes for some really interesting stops, especially on loose surfaces such as sand or gravel. They did a nice job on those rotors for you. Look better than new.
          Can't beat the smell of gas & oil

Comment

A couple hundred miles or so Eh ?
            Used to live in Gaylord from 76-78.
            Got your guess in for the Ice tree melting in front of city hall yet?

Back then they used to shut down M32 and re-route it around town and have a Pancake breakfast for the whole town on a Saturday morning late spring/early summer.

Ran a KawF8 250 and a Zuk TM250 back then down near Waters.
            Richard

Comment

Looks like they did a good job its not easy to cut them down as they are hardened. I have a lathe and milling machine so I turned my own and those looked just like mine when I turned them down. I do suggest that you keep a close look at them when they are worn down as now the rotors are a little thinner and the brake pads may have issues when they get worn low. In my opinion getting smooth braking is well worth it as I hate shudder.
              To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
              1980 G Silverbird
              Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
              1198 Overbore kit
              Grizzly 660 ACCT
              Barnett Clutch Springs
              R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
              122.5 Main Jets
              ACCT Mod
              Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
              Antivibe Bar ends