drumhillcycle.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumhillcycle.com

I recently purchased a new front brake caliper from this place. It was the only place I could find that had one. Once I ordered it (Friday morning), they finally shipped it on Monday and sent me a UPS tracking number, and I received it on Thursday. It was in good condition (no worse than the one I had still on my bike), and all the parts were in working order. It even came with fairly new brake pads in it! I stripped the paint from the new caliper and my existing one, and repainted both with VHT caliper paint. I should have purchased a new seal kit for both, because as soon as I re-assembled them, both calipers started leaking (my own fault). The seals are on the way, and will be fixed in the next few days.

Anyway, this parts place has a few parts for both XS1100's and XJ1100's, but they have the XS parts listed as coming from a '79 XJ1100. If you're looking for parts, you might want to check them out.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Just guessing, but judging from their site that caliper wasn't cheap....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

$84 shipped. Considering the scarcity of the part, I couldn't complain too much.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

No, considering that they've got a plain-vanilla XS caliper listed for $95, that's not all that bad....
        Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
        '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
        '82 XJ rebuild project
        '80SG restified, red SOLD
        '79F parts...
        '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
        '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
        '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
        '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
        Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
        Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

Didn't Andreas have it?
          1980G Standard, Restored
          Kerker 4 - 1
          850 Rear End Mod
          2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
          Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
          Automatic CCT
          1980GH Special, Restored
          Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
          '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
          Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
            Didn't Andreas have it?
            Nope. Just the LG ones.
            1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

It's nice to have another supplier on hand, but I did find them rather expensive, but as parts become harder to find I guess thats what happens, people take advantage of the supply and demand.
              81 XS1100H

Comment

Working...
              X