earplugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• earplugs

A few weeks ago I tried, for the forst time ever, using ear plugs on a ride. My nwere helmet is a G-Max, flows a lot of air but is much noisier than my old reliable Shoei. I went to Cabella's and bought a couple cheap ($1.50 or so) sets of plugs.

Man, what a difference.

The plugs reduce the wind noise considerably. Only real problem is that I was so used to listening to the engine to gauge my speed, now I have to look at the speedo a bit more often, finding myself zipping along at excess of the speed limit which is 75 mph in my neck of the woods.

I got used to the plugs within the first 20 - 30 miles. Now I use them all the time. I should not have waited so long to try them out.

Like most bikers I've known about ear plugs for years, have seen many others use them, and was aware they could reduce fatigue. Just never got around to trying them out.

Do yourself a favor, particularly if you drive longer distances, and try some ear plugs. YMMV, but in my case I can attest to the advantages of using them.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

+++!

Learned about the joys of the plugs a couple of years ago, now i don't ride without 'em. It so reduces the audible noise that i can concentrate better. That makes me more attentive, relaxes me and reduces fatigue. I think that's how it works
    Former owner, but I have NO PARTS LEFT!

Comment

Plugs have been going in my ears ever since an XSEast a bunch of years ago. Mark gave me a couple to try, didn't like em at all at first because it was such a different experience. Tried em again and my ears have been thanking me ever since. Absolute necessity now.
      80 SG
      81 SH in parts
      99 ST1100
      91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
      X