Rox Pivoting handlebar extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rox Pivoting handlebar extensions

I recently replaced my old, slightly bent and ugly Gold Wing bars on Great Ranger with new CB750 bars from MikesXS - spread of grips and wrist angle was spot on, but bars weren't in right position for where I like to sit. I looked at moving them up and back with fixed extensions, but figured what if I still didn't like position?

I decided to go with the ROX made for snowmobiles - its a 7/8 - 7/8 version with 2 inches of extension (angled back 45 degrees it doesn't raise the bar 2").

Install was as easy as loosening up the top clamp and inserting the ROX. Be sure if you angle like I did to fully tighten the LOWER side closest to you FIRST - I didn't get it fully tight and once I adjusted bars to where I wanted them could no longer get the allen in to tighten. If you tighten it first the top is fully exposed when you tighten there to clamp.

You can see the decreased clearance under the top part:

All in all for about $68 on ebay it wasn't cheap, but now my bars are just right. If you are considering extensions I recommend them.

Available in other lengths also.

John
    John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
    '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
    Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
    I recently replaced my old, slightly bent and ugly Gold Wing bars on Great Ranger with new CB750 bars from MikesXS - spread of grips and wrist angle was spot on, but bars weren't in right position for where I like to sit. I looked at moving them up and back with fixed extensions, but figured what if I still didn't like position?

I decided to go with the ROX made for snowmobiles - its a 7/8 - 7/8 version with 2 inches of extension (angled back 45 degrees it doesn't raise the bar 2").

Install was as easy as loosening up the top clamp and inserting the ROX. Be sure if you angle like I did to fully tighten the LOWER side closest to you FIRST - I didn't get it fully tight and once I adjusted bars to where I wanted them could no longer get the allen in to tighten. If you tighten it first the top is fully exposed when you tighten there to clamp.

You can see the decreased clearance under the top part:

All in all for about $68 on ebay it wasn't cheap, but now my bars are just right. If you are considering extensions I recommend them.

Available in other lengths also.

John
    I think I would have flip-flopped the brackets which I am sure are in the right place but i would have had them to the inside of the stock risers...just cause i like to be different...I actually like them though i think its an intersting concept...do they make them for 1" bars?
    Daily Driver - '04 Suzuki Marauder 1600
    Project Bike - '79 XS1100 Special

Hi my name is Nate and I'm am Addict...I quit riding every night before bed and can't help but start riding again the next morning...

Ride Till You Die!

"MESS WITH THE BEST DIE LIKE THE REST" -Semper Fidelis!

“Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.”

"When in doubt, Gas it!. If it doesnt fix the problem, at least it will end the suspense!"

Comment

I thought about it

I tried it both ways, for me I liked it better the way pictured YMMV. They certainly fit either way.

If you look at the pic of the pkg you can see alternate sizes listed. One inch isn't listed, maybe on snowscoots that isn't a common size, but there are other companies that make similar products. Maybe there is a 7/8-1" conversion.

I was really just sold on the amount of variability these added. The combination of angles is really extensive.

John

Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

Comment

Looks like a nice way to lower your front with flipping these to the inside,

looks like alot of room to lower and inch or more.
        1979 XS1100SF.

"You know what makes me sad... YOU DO, Why dont we run over to mamby pamby land and get you some self confidence you jack wagon" Will go down as one of the great quotes LOL

Comment

just ordered these, hope they work for me too.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Don't forget the longhorns John.........
            81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Longhorns!

They help for sure!

John

Comment

Got my new Rox risers on yesterday.defnetly feels much better.easy install,quality made.
                FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

Working...
                X