Throttle Rocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle Rocker

After heaing the raves about the Throttle Rocker, I ordered on from Throttle Rocker.com, cheapest at $10.00 including shipping (U.S.), and got to test ride it before tearing up my shoulder... What a difference this item makes. Nice to have the cruise control, but better to not have to play with the lock all the time. Worth it's weight in GOLD! Worth a look.....

Throttle Rocker
    Dennis - aka - Skinny Biker
    Courtenay, B.C.
    1981 XS 11 SH

I had one of these and did not like it.....BUT in my case I have a pair of the Olympia gel gloves and after a years riding the gel molds to you hand, which means a bunch of it piles up under the heel of your hand since there is no pressure there. So the wad of gel and the thottle rocker were in the same place and it created some uncomfotable feelings in my hand. I'll stick with a throttle lock.

Gary
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

alternative

i made one from an old spoon handle. looks cool, works great! thanks, carolyn, for clueing me in!
      - dan
      - thinker57@lycos.com
      - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

I have an opinion... as usual

Okay, it's better than nothing, but...

with a throttle lock, there are things you can do
        that you can't do with a rocker...

LET GO! You let go of a rocker and... ????

Wave with your RIGHT HAND! Raise both hands high overhead!

ride with no hands! For miles and miles sometimes!

now that spendy electronic cruise control is even better
        at those things, but for less than $30, throttle lock is the
        way to go, IMO
        Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

throttle rocker?

AN OLD SPOON HANDLE?

Gotta see pictures of that...!
          jeff "Wags"
          Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
          79sf rusty
          79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

Why not use both Mike?
            I use my throttle lock on the slab and long straights.
            The twisties are what really make my wrist sore after
            awhile. Can't use my throttle lock there, but the rocker
            works great.

Jim M
            Jim Middlestadt
            1980 XS1100LG Twisted Madness-Gone
            1983 XVZ12TK Venture-Gone
            1996 XVZ13A Black Magic-100,000 plus miles and going strong
            2006 XVZ 1300 Venture

Comment

Jim you are right!

why not have both indeed - that applies
              to bikes also eh?
              Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

That is just what I have done, gotten both for the same reasons as Jim's... and JEFF... I found a pic of the spoon throttle rocker in the photos section of the allxs11s group, in the Stray bullet golder... Good job, looks just fine too!!!
                Dennis - aka - Skinny Biker
                Courtenay, B.C.
                1981 XS 11 SH

Comment

Throttle Rocker

Would you believe that over here (Queensland, AUST.) the 'powers that be' have actually made the throttle locks illegal so just as I thought I'd found a solution to the cramped right hand syndrome, nobody will sell me one so I'll have to go with the rocker type setup.
                  79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
                  Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                  *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
                  *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

There's a tip on this site that describes how to make your own. Check it out.

Comment

old silverware is best!

guys,

i have both the rocker and the locker, and they dont perform the same function. i use both, but the rocker is a full-time usage add-on that REALLY makes a difference! besides relieving stress from keeping the throttle twisted, it also makes it much easier to maintain speed when unlocking the locker... you know what i mean!

my unique design ;O) uses no hose clamps, etc, and it's basically FREE!

jeff, i dont know how to post pics here, and it's been a while since you posted to this thread. contact me direct if you havent had yer curiosity satisfied.

thanks for the compliment, skinny!

i can do a straight write-up on this if you'd like it as a tech tip, JP.

email : thinker57@lycos.com
                      - dan
                      - thinker57@lycos.com
                      - SF/H/E/HD "Stray Bullet"

Comment

Re: I have an opinion... as usual

Originally posted by Mike Hart
                        LET GO! You let go of a rocker and... ????

Wave with your RIGHT HAND! Raise both hands high overhead!

ride with no hands! For miles and miles sometimes!
                        IMO
                        So THAT'S your secret...
                        Norm Willey
                        94 BMW K75RT
                        nwilley@shaw.ca

Comment

Electronic Cruise Control ROCKS! I threw all the other stuff away . . . Davis Sproul's method, cost about $120. See the off-site tech tips page.

I'll never go back.
                          CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Just tried my new Vista Cruise Universal throttle lock. I LIKE IT! It is not, and I don't think it pretends to be, a cruise control. In that regard, if you really want a cruise control, do not get this. It is worthless on up-and-down hill riding. BUT, if you want something that will hold the throttle for you on longish straigth stretches, so you can rest your hand, this is IT. I practiced with it today for the first time, had great fun. I did wave at one Hardley rider with both hands. You do not have to release it on slow bends in the road. Went on very easy, had to adjust it a couple of times in the driveway before I got it right.

It would not fit over the kill switch on my 78E. Actually I think it might, but it seems to bind just a little, so I did not want to chance it. It does fit perfectly just above the headlight switch, just below the kill switch.

Purchased here:
                            http://compacc2.competitionaccessori...yRideStyleID=0
                            Search for Vista. They had to back order it, only took about 10 days.

I have had a wrist rest throttle rocker for a couple of years, made from the design on the tips page. Positioned just right, it takes up a lot of the finger-palm stress, so I am actually using it all the time. I would NOT be without that, either.

Now all I need is that pain in the butt seat rebuilt, and I may never get off the bike.
                            Marty in NW PA
                            Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                            Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                            This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                            X