Kuryakyn LED voltmenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuryakyn LED voltmenter

Well I broke down a spent $40 for this little gizmo that is supposed to let you know what your battery voltage/charge rate is. Its a tiny little thing with 8-10 different colored leds, red/yellow/green/red. It does work. It is small enough to stick to your master cylinder (80G). Hooked it up to a switched wire. When you turn the key on, all the leds light up and then it settles down to whatever battery voltage is. If battery is way low, they will flash. If you get below 11volts, the yellow and red will flash, go above 14.5 and the red overcharge will flash. It even will dim itself as it gets dark, I found this to be a little abrupt, going through the shade of a tree will cause it to dim. I found that at about 3k I am running in the green and at 4k and above, well above 12-13volts. As usual, at a stop light, at idle, the yellow and red will flash that I am not charging, no big deal unless you get stuck for a long time. All in all, I am happy with the performance of this little item.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Sounds like a great charging system indicator. I bought a tester at Radio Shack and mounted it to the back of the indicator box on my XS650.

It only gives LED indicators of voltage but just cost $6.00.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

Working...
    X