Respro Foggy Mask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respro Foggy Mask

This thing is pretty cool! I honestly can't think of a better way to solve the fogging problem. I have NEVER been able to ride with my visor completely closed until now, regardless of the temps. Fog would always encroach, even with a well-ventilated helmet. I use a chin dam to reduce road noise and keep the cold out, and I ride behind a large fairing, so ventilation is always limited. Anti-fog sprays/wipes are pointless at best, and only last for a few hours. This is one item that for $22, beats all of them.

I was able to install the Foggy Mask without using the frontal velcro (would permanently block the front vents) and the side velcro holds the mask in place very securely, even when removing the helmet. Except for the front velcro that sticks to the inside of the helmet, the mask is entirely removable, so you can wash it or go without it if weather conitions don't require it for you. It does hug your face, much like a hospital mask, but is soft and contours to fit your face without pinching or binding. It also makes scratching your nose a bit tricky! It REALLY reduces the sound in my helmet, and I can hardly hear myself humming anymore! The mask would definitely make talking to others with your helmet on a bit more difficult too.

Also available direct from the manufacturer in the UK.
    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 01-26-2011, 11:26 AM.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford
Working...
X