Deoxit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deoxit

I don't know if this has been mentioned here before... a great product called Deoxit. You spray it onto block connectors, switches, terminals etc and it takes off all the oxidisation, green gunge, dirt etc. It leaves electrical connectors really clean.

Today I used this product on all the block terminals and handlebar switches on my bike. I also took the bulbs out of the indicators and sprayed the sockets. The indicators were noticeably brighter afterwards. Some of my block connectors were in a poor state... very dirty and oxidised. This product left the terminals shining. It must make a difference and lower the resistance of the wires.

It's expensive stuff here but I think it's imported into the UK from the US.....
    XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

found it over here,
    thanx for posting.
    pete

new owner of
    08 gen2 hayabusa

former owner
    1981 xs1100 RH (aus) (5N5)
    zrx carbs
    18mm float height
    145 main jets
    38 pilots
    slide needle shimmed .5mm washer
    fitted with v/stax and uni pod filters

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pA8dwxmAVA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/url]

Comment

Yep. Great stuff! Pricey here too. I spent $30 on 2 small cans of it, but it really works as advertised. Geezer has a recommendation on his website about it too.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

I've mentioned it here before as well, great stuff!

Larry
        Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
        http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
        82 XJ1100
        80 XS1100G (Project bike)
        64 Yamaha YA-6
        77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
        See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Originally posted by Yahman View Post
          I've mentioned it here before as well, great stuff!

Larry
          Oops, sorry. I didn't find the previous posting about it. I felt so enthusiastic about my block connectors, I just had to tell someone!
          XS1100F 1980 European model. Standard. Dyna coils. Iridium plugs. XS750 final drive (sometimes). Micron fork brace. Progressive front springs. Geezer regulator/rectifier. Stainless 4 into 2 exhaust. Auto CCT (Venturer 1300) SOLD. New project now on the go. 1980 European model.

Comment

No worries James, always good to hear from another county....or in this case...Another country!!
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by James England View Post
              Oops, sorry. I didn't find the previous posting about it. I felt so enthusiastic about my block connectors, I just had to tell someone!
              James, No problem, I'm just glad to hear someone else thinks it's as good as I do.

Larry

82 XJ1100
              64 Yamaha YA-6
              77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

In my search for Deoxit I found several formulations of it.
                Are you talking about the D5S-6 - DeoxIT® Contact Cleaner and Rejuvenator Aerosol, 5 oz. stuff?
                I'm restoring my J and there's no better time than now to address that.
                Thanks.
                1980G Standard, Restored
                Kerker 4 - 1
                850 Rear End Mod
                2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
                Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
                Automatic CCT
                1980GH Special, Restored
                Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
                '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
                Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobia View Post
                  In my search for Deoxit I found several formulations of it.
                  Are you talking about the D5S-6 - DeoxIT® Contact Cleaner and Rejuvenator Aerosol, 5 oz. stuff?
                  I'm restoring my J and there's no better time than now to address that.
                  Thanks.
                  That's the stuff I got. It seems to work really well at removing oxidation from contacts, on-contact. I usually just rub them with my fingers to get any extra stuff off, then add a second squirt of it. I use a fuzzy pipe cleaner to wipe the contacts I can't get my fingers around.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

I just ordered a couple of cans the other day from the link below, it was the best price I could find.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Larry

82 XJ1100
                    64 Yamaha YA-6
                    77 Suzuki TS-185

Comment

Sounds like this is exactly what I need for my turn signal switch/connectors. I'll be ordering some come payday.
                      XS1100SG - Obsession

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
                      -- Jack Burton

Comment

Working...
                      X