Plexifairing windscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexifairing windscreen

Just got my new plexifairing 3 windshield by national cycle through JC Whitney. Effin Awsome! Fits like it's custom made for my 78E, took 20 minutes to install by myself including the time to remove the street shield. Looks great, way better than that little shield that looked like an afterthought. (I will add pics of it as soon as I snap some) Man what a great ride into work this morning!
    Was about 65 degrees, I was sleeveless and comfortable. Recommended!
    '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Looking forward to pics... Something like this is what my girlfriend wants for her XJ1100 for trips.
    Two weeks vacation does NOT make a life.

His: 2006 Ninja 650R, salvaged, 10k miles
    Hers: '82 XJ1100 44.4k miles

Comment

I had the Plexistar 2 on mine before I got the fairing. The Plexifairing just hangs down lower. Very nice piece, and definitely increased the comfort on the freeway and for cold-weather riding. If you want the protection of a fairing, but don't want the bulk, this is the way to go.
      1980 XS850SG - Sold
      1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
      Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
      Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
      -H. Ford

Comment

How easy on/off is it? She doesn't like the look of the Vetter... But I'm betting she'll want to cruise to and from work in nice weather without the plexifairing on.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
          How easy on/off is it? She doesn't like the look of the Vetter... But I'm betting she'll want to cruise to and from work in nice weather without the plexifairing on.
          Once it's installed, it takes maybe 5 minutes (probably less) to remove it or to re-install.
          1980 XS850SG - Sold
          Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
          Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

-H. Ford

Comment

i put on some new cruiser style mirrors yesterday,, i took off the windshield as it was easier for me ,,and with that i went for a ride what a mistake ,,with temps dropping here in TGW,north i did n,t realize how much wind i took on my chest and as soon as possible i went home and put my shield back on ,,,lesson learned ,,ride safe and warm ,,slow mo!
            The Belfast Express {1980 xs11oo special/TC fuse box/mikes xs pods/bad boy horn!/mikes green coils/mac 4 into 2 exhaust/ standard bars/vetter fairing c/w ipod CD iphone am/fm radio/tkat fork brace ,,,tuned by tinman
            moemcnally@hotmail.com
            i AM THE KING OF NOTHING

the people here are great , doesn't matter about the bike really/hamjam ////

Comment

Originally posted by CatatonicBug View Post
              Once it's installed, it takes maybe 5 minutes (probably less) to remove it or to re-install.
              Thank you! That'd be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerMike View Post
                Just got my new plexifairing 3 windshield by national cycle through JC Whitney. Effin Awsome! Fits like it's custom made for my 78E, took 20 minutes to install by myself including the time to remove the street shield. Looks great, way better than that little shield that looked like an afterthought. (I will add pics of it as soon as I snap some) Man what a great ride into work this morning!
                Was about 65 degrees, I was sleeveless and comfortable. Recommended!
                Picture? Please?

Comment

Ok, got a few pics of the new screen added to my album, (link in my signature). You can see how much better looking it is than the street shield it replaced, and it's far more functional.

Also you'll see a throttle rest I fabricated with some scrap lexan and a heat gun, it eliminates fatigue even with gloves on.
                  '78 E "Stormbringer"

Purrs like a kitten, roars like a lion, runs like a gazelle (being chased by a cheetah).

pics http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...tormbringer45/

Comment

So, will that critter fit on a Special? Colorado fall is coming soon, and with my 80 SG running the best it ever has, I'll want to ride it more this winter than ever before!

Thanks in advance!
                    Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Originally posted by hbonser View Post
                      So, will that critter fit on a Special? Colorado fall is coming soon, and with my 80 SG running the best it ever has, I'll want to ride it more this winter than ever before!

Thanks in advance!
                      Definitely! I had the slightly smaller version on my MNS, and it worked great. It added a LOT of protection for cooler weather. Not quite as much as a full fairing, but close.
                      1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Thank you! I will have to show my girlfriend when she gets home.

Comment

Here's a picture of one mounted to an XJ, from the bikes for sale section.

1980 XS850SG - Sold

-H. Ford

Comment

Lol thanks... I'm trying to get Eric to sell that to me...

Comment

mounting

I just got one of these plexi fairing and I have the same setup as you Mike , I noticed yours is mounted a little back from the forks , can you give any tips on install
                              91 kwaka kz1000p
                              Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Working...
                              X