dennis kirk speedo/clutch cables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dennis kirk speedo/clutch cables

The speedo cable looked great when I bought it.th metal area that is j shaped is about 1" closer to the handlebar (goog for lower non stock bars). However when I removed my carbs to rejet I must have pulled too hard from that end and the little flat part that keeps the cable on the outside of the throttle assembly on tha hb's broke loose now I have 1" of freeplay!!!! Very annoying. At 10 bucks what do you expect...

As for the clutch cab. I have broken dos... now I know it was due to the angle of the perch and my lower nonstock bars... currently I switched to the xj perch I have but it puts the mirror at a funky angle!!

A local dirtbike shop sells lots of perches cheap. I got to get over there and find one with a better mirror angle. I'll post pics later...

I have a droid and its so easy to put pics on the net with it. Plus a 5 megap camera to boot!!!
    " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
    xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
    8mm msd wires
    tkat fork brace...
    Fox shocks...
    mikes650 front fender
    led's gallore...
    renthal bars
    gold valve emulators
    vmax tensioner
    Rifle fairing

I have had no problem with mine.
    Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas.

1980 XS1100G 1179 kit, Tkat brace, progressive springs & shocks, jardine spaghetti, Mikes coils, Geezer's rectifier

Comment

Do you have stock bars? I don't
      " She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself. "

79 xs11 standard
      xs pods, Kerker 4-1, zrx1200r carbs mikesxs coils 35k voltz of power!!!
      8mm msd wires
      tkat fork brace...
      Fox shocks...
      mikes650 front fender
      led's gallore...
      renthal bars
      gold valve emulators
      vmax tensioner
      Rifle fairing

Comment

Working...
      X