mac exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mac exhaust

i went and ordered the mac4 into2 today,any problems with fitting or installing them?i heard they were LOUD but any thing is better than the open pipes on the bike now!!
    any thoughts or info on mac exhaust?

AARON

Hey Aaron,

I installed the MAC 4to2 on my bike and am very pleased with the fit and look. I did the turn-out pipes. I have had them for a year now and the sound has improved. Not to loud, just right. I think you will be happy with your choice.

Putting the pipes on was a snap...header nuts and muffler supports.

JTodd
    81' XS1100LH
    I bought it for a bargain, now it is a prize.

Comment

did the pipes rust any?
      my pipes i have on noware rusted alot,but they are original

Comment

no rust so far...but there has been some blueing. I figure that is my fault for the most part. I should have had the carbs adjusted right off...I have since added UNI breathers for each carb...good looks and preformance to boot.

JTodd
        81' XS1100LH
        I bought it for a bargain, now it is a prize.

Comment

did you actually get instructions with the exhaust?
          the brackets didn't seem to fit,but i used my old brackets they were crome so they looked better anyways.
          i like the sound and they look good.

Comment

new brunswick

Hi Arron is ur bike up and running, if not maybe i can help have had lots of experiance oncarbs etc. im in oromocto . Where are u in new brunswick? My cousin in St John has a midnight special another friend in Fredericton has a xj1100 , I just sold my xj1100 to a fellow in oromocto and bought a venture royal we are going to Caribou Maine to vist Bill another excessive on monday morning leaving fredericton at 930am if u wanna go! If ur bikes down u can come with me! If ur interested call me at 357-1905.....MITCH
            Doug Mitchell
            82 XJ1100 sold
            2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
            2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
            1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
            47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

I don't have the link to the tip handy, but it says something about painting the inside of your new pipes *before* you install them to protect them from rusting - apparently pipes rust inside out due to condensation
              1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
              1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
              http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Originally posted by Snow
                I don't have the link to the tip handy, but it says something about painting the inside of your new pipes *before* you install them to protect them from rusting - apparently pipes rust inside out due to condensation
                I remember painting the inside of pipes to help keep them from bluing but...

I recall reading about some aluminized paint for exhaust systems on cars that is supposed to extend the working life of the muffler and pipe. If this were true, youd need to have enough paint to slosh it around inside the pipe to get a good coating. Time for some research...

Geezer
                Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

On new exhaust systems I have used ceramic paint high temp 1200-1500 deg. F on the inside of chrome pipes to help dissipate the heat and help keep them from bluing. On regular non-chromed headers and exhaust pipes I would coat the inner parts of the exhaust systems as well as the outside with high temp ceramic paint. My perference of paint is the Du Pont high temp engine paint.
                  I guess if there was a way to clean the build-up on used pipes giving the paint a good surface to stick to it might help lengthen the life of the exhaust systems.
                  Do'Lee
                  XS1100SF "Green Hornet"
                  (1) XS1100LG "Midnight Dream" Restoration has begun.
                  (2) XS1100LG "Midnight Madness" Waiting to be next
                  (5) multi partsters for bobber "Ruby Red II" On the list.
                  SR500H "Silver Streak"

Comment

Working...
                  X