Kuryakyn lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kuryakyn lights

I though some of you might be interested in adding a little custom flair to your xs's or xj's. I've made a few lighting changes that have really set my 80 sg off. There is a picture of it at www.cruisercustomizing.com if you want to get an idea of how kuryakyn signals look on the front. Just search for members and put in dragxs11, or search by area around Reno, NV. As of now, I have front and back signals as well as a diamond headlight replacement all made by kuryakyn. Also, I took the clear reflector out of the tail light and made a circuitboard holding 172 superbright LED's. Under running condition, a pattern is illuminated saying XS 11. When the brakes are applied, all LED's are lit up masking out the XS 11 pattern. No real modifications were nessesary to the electrical system. The tail light actually reduced the amperage use from the bulbs. I'm still assembling after chrome and engine detailing, but I will have pics available to email soon if anyone wants to see how it looks.
    1980sg-Stocker-- Sold
    1980sg- Cruise Missile- Sold to RODS454
    1990 ATK 604- Ditch Digger
    2005 BMW K1200S- Killer Bee
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000- trackbike

Are you talking about the silver bullets? They do have a nice look, but I have had problems with them coming disconnected on my sporty (lots more vibrations). An interesting note is that the Halogen bulbs are THE EXACT SAME as those used in low voltage undercounter kitchen lighting. Get replacement bulbs at Home Depot.

Interesting note about the circuit board and leds. You have a lot of time on your hands, don't you?

I like the visor and have the same 'superbike' bend bars on my special.
    Rocky
    00 Cagiva Gran Canyon
    80 XS11 Special -sold
    77 HD Sportster
    75 Norton Commando

Comment

Here's how I did it.

In order to make the front signals fit right, I used a three inch bolt and had machinist coworkers bore holes all the way down the center(for the wire). That way I could get the signals as far away as I could from the headlight.

Then I cut the plastic chromed stock covers so that I could get the taper from the headlight to the silver bullet right. Using rubber grommets on both ends allows for shock absorbment. They're not super tight, but they stay put.

Likewise in the rear, but I used a chromed copper pipe from a shower head to sleeve the bolt. It was all I could find in the right size.

Yeah, I'm a maintenance electrician. Kinda like a fireman, I only get busy when stuff goes to hell.
      1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

In case anybody else was having trouble following the simple instructions, here's a link directly to the appropriate page..
        Ken Talbot

Comment

I'm back on the road now and the pic on the link now shows the rear end. Ken put a side shot of the bike on my post in the xs11 discussion under "you guys gotta see this".
          1980sg-Stocker-- Sold

Comment

Working...
          X