Headlight modulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight modulator

Headlight modulators have always caught my eye and undoubtedly help you to be seen. I have always wanted one, but never did anything about it until now. A week or so ago, someone almost turned left in front of me at an intersection (the most common accident), and this made me realize again how invisible we are, even with a big bike with running lights and a bright red helmet on. I checked into modulators again and came up with the Kisan Pathblazer modulator # P115W-S. This is a plug-and-play device that plugs between the headlight and the wire that normally connects to the headlight, inside the bucket. Then, there's a sensor that plugs into the side of it and you run the thin wire out through the back of the bucket and mount it via a wire tie to somewhere on the handle bars to sense daylight. That's it. During the day, when you turn on the high beam switch, it modulates the high beam between 100% and 17% at about 4X per second. It shuts itself off automatically at night, or when you turn the high beam switch off during the day. I wondered how it would work with the reserve lighting unit that switches bulbs on the XS, but it works fine. The white fault light on the instrument panel flashes in sync with the headlight modulation. This bothered me at first, but then I realized that it actually was confirming that it was working. I don't know if this will affect the reserve lighting unit long-term, but I don't think so. So far so good. I bought mine off ebay from a company in California for $99 ($10 less than list). Thought I'd post this because there have not been any recent posts on headlight modulators and this one is extremely easy to install and works well. Ride safe.
    Helmets save lives. Loud pipes hurt my ears.