Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed Battery

Battery site

These looked more powerful so I bought one. The dealer sold me a battery tender to go with it. Just plug it in with the included attatchment - you don't have to remove anything from the bike. I've had to use the charger twice and it takes from 2 to 10 hours to take a full charge. The battery can't possibly leak as well and there isn't a vent hose. Battery was about $80.00 - charged and tender was about $30.00 more.
    [IMG]http://michaelwilliamandersen.ga[/IMG]

Our local Batteries Plus has 2 types of batteries for the XS. Standard $36.00, Gel-$66.00
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

How long have you had the battery? How come you had to use the charger?

Thanks,
      Bob
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Just a note on Morticiaann's battery: It's AGM, for Absorbed Glass Mat. It should be a higher quality battery, with higher initial current for any given size. Gel cell batteries do not use the glass cloth between the plates. As the name implies, they're made with acid "jelly" between the plates. Gel cel batteries also have special charging requirements to get the most life out of them. Either type would be an upgrade over a conventional battery, especially if you accidentally crack the case.
        2010 Kawasaki Z1000
        1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Working...
        X