foot pegs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot pegs

I recently layed my 79 xs11 down after flying over a curb at 30mph, damn cars and their blind spots. However, I busted the front foot peg, broke the rear peg bracket and tweaked the front end alittle. I was not able to afford a stock rebuild, so, I bought a pair of Drag Specialties Highway pegs. They are chrome with o-rings.

I took the original front peg brakets and drilled out the rivet for the stock peg.
    After removing them i measured the length of the new pegs and cut off the excess square bracket that came with them.
    I threw a 3/8 x 3" bolt through the holes that lined up with alittle re-boring, and presto.

A simple change like the pegs give it a different look and feel. I will upload pics as soon as I get my digital camera.(may be a while)

Also, the bracket that was used to hold the stock mufflers and rear foot peg was broken in half. Since I have a 4-1 exhaust, I was able to remove that big bracket and simply screw the back peg into the brakets old mounting hole.
    Last edited by jimgreenguy1; 10-09-2002, 06:25 AM.
    Hi. I'm Jim, I'm here to party.
Working...
X