Yamaha Tire Mount Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Tire Mount Lube

I change my tires using minimal technology and maximum cussing. I had a heck of a time getting one new tire to bead. One side would go on, but the other wouldn't pop on, even under pressures that made me cringe.

I was wandering around a new near-by dealership and saw this Lube and bought a can. I'd used the soapy water method successfully several times, but even that didn't work on the new meat. I took the tire off the rim again, sprayed the bead and the tire with the lube, took the valve core out, and went down to the local gas station for some real compressor volume. Within a couple of seconds I heard those two pops that let me know I was in business. When the the stuff dries all the way it is tacky and waterproof, so I won't roll the tire around the rim. Good stuff, so far...BTW, I don't sell it or work for anyone who does, and your results may vary, etc.
    "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

So what's it called and where did you get it?
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Uh, Pat..."Yamaha Tire Mount Lube," as in the title of the thread, from the Yamaha dealership, as mentioned.
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Working...
      X