Dual inlet K&N filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual inlet K&N filters

OK, so I saw a pair of K&N filters for the XS11 on Ebay at one point. Two large oval filters, with two inlets each. I think someone on the forum snatched them up (lucky guy!) I believe they were actually labeled for a "77 XS1100". Does anyone remember these filters, and does anyone have them? Seems like a cool idea.
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Not 100% sure but check K&N home page and look for
    K&N part number RU 3510? I've looked for the same type of dual filter. I called K&N and they said 3510 didn't cross reference but that it might fit, as they don't check all filters for every possible fit.
    The XS11 calls for #Ru (rubber end caps) or RC (chrome end caps) 0984 sold in pack of 4 $102.99 from my local Autozone. These are indivdual filters. I've also removed the stock airbox. Started out with the cheaper chrome end pod filter by EMGO and found from this board that they partially blocked the upper vacuum port that opens the slide. I removed them right away.
    Cheers, 50gary

Comment

Picture

Do they look like this:
      Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

OOPS!!!

OOps!!! Kinda Big!!!!!!!!!
        Last edited by excess11; 08-19-2006, 08:58 PM.
        Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Yes, they do, is that the correct K&N part number? RU3510? The dual filters for the much talked about 1988 to 1992 GSX-R 750 carbs is RU2922 and they look very close as well. The K&N oil filter BTW is # KN-146 as long as I was looking up things.
          Cheers, 50gary

Comment

2 into 1

I had a set of these on my '78 Honda 750F. I don't think there were K+N but they did make it much easier to clean the filters. They made a nice throaty sound when you opened things up.

Big Pat

Comment

K&N

Get some measurements and then check this page at K&N. These filters are sold by the piece, So I think you should need to buy two
              K&N FILTER
              Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

I got my digital calipers out and visited K&N's site. It does appear that RC-3510 will fit with no problem. I couldn't find an equivalent filter with a black rubber end cap, so I suppose chrome will have to do! I found a place on-line selling them for $28 each, now I need to trick my wife into buying them, heh-heh.
                2010 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Wow, pass that web address along for that low price if you don't mind? The K&N numbers are RC = chrome ends and RU = rubber end caps that's the only difference, outside of the lower RU price. I'm anti-chrome anyway. The price I found for the RC3510 was $37.00 apiece!
                  Cheers, 50gary

Comment

K&N

K&N APPLICATIONS FOR RU-3510, Says fj-1200,should fit!!
                    click link: APPLICATIONS
                    Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

Great lookinmg filters

These look great. Methinks I might invest in a pair.

I have been using the individual filters for years and they can be a real pain and it is not unusual for one to drop off. What I usually do is I tie them all together from the back with a small polished length of aluminum angle that I pop rivet across them all to form them into a rack-o-filters.

Has anyone had any fuel petcock clearance problems with these?
                      Mike Giroir
                      79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Filter

I am almost sure that the filters I have on my bike are the K&N model R-2300. I had a bear of a time getting them on to the bike the firts time. I had to heat the rubber with a heat gun. Then wrestle them on quickly. I now see why, K&N lists them as 52mm opening,my carbs are 55mm. Now with time they slip on and off just fine. Their directions do say that you can stretch the openings up to 1/8th inch. I think I would rather stretch the filters alittle to get them on rather than try to shrink a larger opening. This is usually when they fall off.
                        Dan ( A.K.A.- MacGyver )

Comment

OK, here it is: http://all-motorsports.secure-shops2..._p_3-2831.html
                          Hope the link works! I'll be snagging a set, even if I can't trick K into buying them for me!
                          2010 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

rain and things

Don't you have to worry about rain and things with those or the pods? I've been thinking about switching over for ease of carb pulling but I'm afraid of them getting clogged up when riding in the rain.

Clark

Comment

Uhhhhh, NO!

Hey Clark,

I've been caught in a few good downpours, and didn't have any trouble with mine! If you'll remember and imagine, when you ride, whether you're wearing a rain suit or just jeans, you tend to hug the tank with your legs. The rain either runs around and down your legs, etc, so very little really gets to the filters. Then, the filter oil further helps repel the water!?
                              T.C.
                              T. C. Gresham
                              81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                              79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                              History shows again and again,
                              How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
                              X