Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Hard Bags

Hello Everyone,

First post! I've had my 79XS for 12 years and just got it running again after 3 years. Now I want to accessorize.....

Could someone please tell me if there are any aftermarket hardbags available for the XS (not Special)?

I sure would appreciate that info or any info on saddlebags in general.....

Thanks,

Jeff
    Jeff
    "elgranjefe"
    1979 XS 1100 Standard
    Danville, IL

I do not know anyone currently offering bags for a XS. There are some fake leather hard bags offered for cruisers but I don't know how well these would work. XS's did come from the factory with hard bags as part of there "touring" edition rigs. (see "picture" section to see what they look like). These are kinda small and will not hold a helmet. Alot of XS'ers have grafted Vetter Bags to there rigs with good results. Vetter Bags are larger than the OEM Yamaha bags. Both the Yamaha and Vetter bags come up on EBay alot. Try to get all the brackets as they are model specific. I know there are some people here that are trying to sell there OEM bag setups. Bates made some nifty bags that had a quick release setup so you could use em as luggage, kinda rare to find now. If you go for the OEM Yamaha bags, try to score the turn signal light bar that was part of the package.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

hard bags

thank you, very helpful....i will check out bates and ebay too....
      Jeff
      "elgranjefe"
      1979 XS 1100 Standard
      Danville, IL

Comment

I think Bob Jones sells some hard bags for the XS's his website is Merriam Cycle
        or
        xs11
        Yamaniac
        '79 xs11 sf - WidowMaker, 750 final drive
        '80 xs1100 sg- ENEMY#1 parts bike no title(free)
        '79 f- frame and swingarm (and title)
        '82 yz 490- needs a cylinder, head, & new piston, etc. Got one for sale?
        '88 Honda cbr600- Running, finally! Training bike for swmbo, maybe a stunt bike for me eventually.

Comment

hardbags

thanks.....i know bob a bit, i'll check and see if he has any.
          Jeff
          "elgranjefe"
          1979 XS 1100 Standard
          Danville, IL

Comment

Webbcraft is talking about LeatherLyke bags ( www.leatherlyke.com ).
            Wife has them on her Virago and they are quite nice. Quick disconnect works well, pull 2 pins and a bag slides off the mount. Roomy and easy to load.
            Unfortunately they only show listings for XV's. I'm not sure how difficult to adapt to XS.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Working...
            X