1986 FZX700 Fazer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 FZX700 Fazer

I picked up an interesting old Yamaha a month ago for $1000. It's a 1986 Yamaha FZX700 with only 22k miles. It's more or less an early "super standard". It came from the factory with a Yamaha FZ700 20 valve engine and a 6-speed tranny in a standard frame. (The non-US models came with a 750cc).

1986 Yamaha FZX700

The engine has a LOT of pull at higher RPMs!

It's a bit of an orphan (only imported for 2 years), but there's a pretty good online support group on Yahoo.
    Bill K.
    1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
    1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

.. i got to ride one of those once, it has one of the first Genisis motors in it, they are pretty fast and they look real good.. $1000 bucks is a real good deal!. i have not seen one sell for less than 3 grand around here or on ebay
    .. congratulations on such a cool find

Comment

nice looking bike i am l;ooking for something like that so i have other bikes to ride other then the xs1100 since i am going to us it mostly for drag racin g when i get done with it
      79 yamaha xs1100f standard
      best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

The Fazer was a nice bike. Back in the days of tarifs on imported bikes over 750 CCs, it was a poor-boy version of the FZ750 sport bike. They will also walk away from an XS11...

Geezer
        Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

Geezer wrote:
          The Fazer was a nice bike. Back in the days of tarifs on imported bikes over 750 CCs, it was a poor-boy version of the FZ750 sport bike. They will also walk away from an XS11...
          I was looking for something smaller, but quick. Plenty of new bikes fit the bill, but I didn't want to pay the price. When I found the Fazer I knew it was just right.

Luckily, the Fazer shares the drive train with the FZ700/750, so parts availability is better than it would be otherwise. A few guys have even shoehorned in the FZR1000 engine for a little more excitement!

XSively,
          Bill K.
          1985 Yamaha XJ700 Maxim
          1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer

Comment

Nice lookin' bike. Looks like alot of fun.
            [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
            [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
            The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

always liked the look of those... like a mini v-max.

LP
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
              X