Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please please please help

hi im in the uk
    i have a maxim 750 ive been installing an alarm during this process i blown something in the electric sytem i now have all electrics except headligt, auxcillary lights and two light which are bolted to frame , i can only guess whats blown is it the lights relay , i need you guys to help me please im an idiot
    this is a brilliant site
    thanks very much for any help
    best wishes all from me and the UK

{ ive checked all fuses in the main box and one in the headlight }

Not alot of info to work with here. My guess is that if all the fuses are good ( checked with an ohm meter ) that there's a fryed wire or a tripped relay.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

thanks

thank you for reply i,ll give you more details tonight when i get in from work
      bet wishes mike

Comment

If you have the glass tube-style fuses, try checking them again. Just to be sure, remove the fuse from the holder, and pull vigorously at the metal end caps. These old-style fuses often break where the end cap attaches, then they get corroded. The fuse will work for a while as the broken connection presses itself together, but eventually the corrosion builds up and breaks the circuit. I've seen this more than once.....
        Ken Talbot

Comment

thanks ken

i will try that with the fuse yes they are glass tube i checked them all with multi meter and they were good , i think what im going to do is take alarm off just to make sure ive not earthed anything in the headlight, its so frustrating i onl get a coupe of hours at the weekend to play with bike , but im taking everyones advice onboard
          cheers ken

Comment

one more ken

could i have damaged the headlight relay or are they pretty indestructable ,is there any way of testing relay with my multimeter ,
            thanks
            off to bed now i,ll check for any reply tomorrow morning

Comment

Same thing happened to my ex guzzi when a friend was installing turn signals. Did not go over to his place to check it out yet. Headlight works, but nothing else.

LP
              If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
              (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Check the pairs of terminals on the relay and find the pair that gives about 600 ohm resistence. Thats the relay coil, connect that between 12v and ground,and it should click. If you can't find the coil resitance, it's open and needs to be replaced. All the contact pairs should read open or shorted, those are the contacts. There might be a single common terminal for the ground connetion.

Can you post a picture of the bottom of the relay?

Steve
                80 XS1100G Standard - YammerHammer
                73 Yamaha DT3 - DirtyHairy
                62 Norton Atlas - AgileFragile (Dunstalled) waiting reassembly
                Norton Electra - future restore
                CZ 400 MX'er
                68 Ducati Scrambler
                RC Planes and Helis

Comment

Working...
                X