bandito 12 vs zrx 12???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bandito 12 vs zrx 12???

I'm a newbie and am wonerding the differences between the zrx and the bandit....any comments would be most welcome!!!!

Have you seen either of them in person? There's also the Yamaha FZ1.

The NEW zrx12 is awesome. BUT it has a hefty price tag compared to a used Bandit.

Saw a mag a few months ago doing a comparo, sorry, don't remember which one. ZRX12 is the largest most comfy and all-round best STOCK performer. Then again, you put a few bucks in a used Bandit and look out!

Best thing to do is to go try them at the dealers. Bandit now makes a Naked model, FZ1 doesn't.

Personally, I don't like the looks of the Yam, and it also makes its power too high in the rpm band to suit me. The Kaw and Suz are both more 'road' oriented. Bandit is the least expensive.

Go give em a test ride!!!!
    Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

I have been up close with both machines and sat on both...I have yet to ride either...I have seen the yami and it does not hold any intrest for me....I guess i've been readin to many street fighter mags.Even for a few dollars more i'm still leaning towards the zrx...Puts me to mind of the Eddie lawson days....Now that is indeed a classic superbike!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm... the yamaha FZ1?
        OK, didn't see a pic, but I suppose it's sth between the FZX and the VMAX... correct me if I'm wrong... what bout XJR 1300? AFAIK it's the "stripped" version of FJR. Quite cheap here. At least cheaper than the bandit or ZRX.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

XJR1300 not available here! FZ1 "fizzer" is to an R1 what a Bandit is to a GSXR1100.
          Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

hmmm.... I wondered what's fazers designation....
            It seems it's FZS. 600 and 1100.... too bad there's no XJR avaliable there... the best looking of the bunch anyway. IMHO at least...

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by strom
              too bad there's no XJR avaliable there... the best looking of the bunch anyway. IMHO at least...

I agree, it seems to be the modern day direct descendent of the XS11. They import the FJR over here, I don't know why they don't bring the XJR as well.
              Robert
              79 SF

Comment

Here is a personal impression and photo of the XJR1300 (click on the thumbnail):
                http://www.kevinboone.com/mc-.html

And if you want to order one, in England, go here:
                http://www.onyerbike.net/xjr1300.htm
                Aparently it comes in a Special, also.

Well, enough motorcycle mag editors and others yelled loud enough in the past few years Yamaha finally brought the FJR over here.....
                Marty in NW PA
                Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                This IS my happy face.

Comment

Working...
                X