XJ750J Brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XJ750J Brakes

When changing my brakes I noticed that the shim that goes over one of the pads was on the outside of the caliper. I thought I remembered that the shim went on the piston side. The manual doesn't show (the shim). Advice?

TIA

Jack

82 XJ1100J
    82 XJ750J
    82 XJ100J Gone
    83 XJ750 Seca

Re: XJ750J Brakes

Originally posted by jacksf
    When changing my brakes I noticed that the shim that goes over one of the pads was on the outside of the caliper. I thought I remembered that the shim went on the piston side. The manual doesn't show (the shim). Advice?
    TIA Jack 82 XJ1100J
    82 XJ750J
    Hey there Jack,
    Well, in my Clymers for XS11's, the diagrams show the shims for the front and rear calipers, but it doesn't assign a description to either, but they are on the piston side brake pad! That's where I would put it!!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Maybe I'm mistaking, we are talking bout the metal thingies that should come with new brake pads (but they don't).

There's three of them, one at the top, pushing down the pads, so they lock in place when you change them and one for both sides.

dunno, check the microfiche.

BTW: There's a mistake in the microfiches for all middle drives... the part numbers for both tapered bearings are mixed up. The front one has the number of the rear one and vice versa.
      Luckily I got both new, just in case.

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
      X