Kawasaki parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki parts

Man, I thought parts for my lh were rare. Seems like they are non-existant for my son's Kawasaki 454 ltd. Does anyone know where I can find a carb slide and a drive belt? They are still available for $106 and $287 but I was hoping to find them used somewhere.

Also, do you guys know of any Kawasaki forums that are half as good as this one? I'm having problems sorting out the fuel lines. The bottom T, I know is the main fuel supply. Where does the top T and the two nipples in front of the carb body go?

Thanks guys,
    Jake Haynie

81 xs1100lh

Well, heres part of your answer. The 454LTD has alot of interchangeable parts, BUT, Only between specific years for other models. Example; The carbs for the 81 CSR305A1 is the same for the KZ250, The tank for the 454LTD will work of the 305 but must be modified slightly. I think the drive belt for the 82 and later years may work on the LTD. The 81 was the first year for the CSR and used a chain.
    I would sit down in front of the computer with a few hours to spare and search the net ( motorcycle parts distributers ) for parts pictures and do the compareing. If a belt come off of a harley but is the same size and composition as the one you need for a Kawi. By theory, It should work. The distributers are out to make money and will likely say the number don't match so it won't work although the parts are exactly the same just different manufacturer.
    I've found that Ebay is a good source for Kawi parts but you need to know what your buying. I've gotten some pretty good deals caus the seller thought he knew what he had. I knew what he had. Makes for a happy day. Good luck. Do the homework It will pay off. I promise.
    S.R.Czekus

1-Project SG (Ugly Rat Bike)(URB)
    1-big XS patch
    1-small XS/XJ patch
    1-XS/XJ owners pin.
    1-really cool XS/XJ owners sticker on my helmet.
    2-2005 XS rally T-shirts, (Bean Blossom, In)
    1-XVS1300C Yamaha Stryker Custom (Mosquito)
    1-VN900C Kawasaki Custom (Jelly Bean)

Just do it !!!!!

Comment

Have you tried KZRider yet? They are to Kawasakis what this list is to the XS11. There is also several Kawasaki groups on Yahoo, Kawasaki Owners Club is one I joined. Quite informative.
      Brian
      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm getting there, but very slowly. I'm starting to wonder why people like us still want to keep these old derelicts going. I may have to switch over to the other side.

Regards,
        Jake Haynie

81 xs1100lh

Comment

Working...
        X