Moto Guzzi Norge 1200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto Guzzi Norge 1200

Now I know I don't like new(ish) bikes, but this looks yummie.
    ABS and electricly adjustable windshield as standard equipment and....

LP
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

looks good but i dont think i would ride it it looks to modern
    79 yamaha xs1100f standard
    best 1/4 mile 13.282@99.40

Comment

that is a nice looking one. I prefer the vintage bikes as well, but I was thinking about an FJR1300. Kind of has the same look. My wife looked at them and said I was not cool enough to ride something like that?!?

She did say if I wanted one to go buy it. One condition, sell all of the 6 bikes I have first.

Looks like I stay with my old stuff for awhile, but maybe in 20 years I can get a deal on that Guzzi!
      I have a bike and I am not afraid to use it

Comment

Looks great, hard to beat the Italians for high style. The only Gooses I've ridden were old police models (850 & 1000) but they do handle well and have a great sound...smooth too except when idling. Trouble with all that bodywork is if you drop it in the parking lot it's practically totalled. I've done some touring with my friend Ducati Tim, he on his ST2 sport tourer and me and SWMBO and I on my XS650 with leather bags with a tail pack. We got there just as fast and for all practical purposes the bikes were equally functional except mine cost less than a twentieth of what his did. The XS11 is even better in this regard.
        Shiny side up,
        650 Mike

XS1100SF "Rusty", runs great, 96k miles
        XS650SJ "The Black Bike", engine from XS650H with 750cc big bore kit, 30k miles

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

One modern yet oldschool looking bike to take a look at is the XJR but they don't sell them in the states.

1983 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Comment

Hey a new plain old standard, why can't they sell those here? I'd be interested.
            Shiny side up,
            650 Mike

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and defiantly shouting, "WOW, what a ride !" - [URL="http://www.flyingsnail.com/Sprung/index.html"]Sprung[/URL]

Comment

I really like the syling of that bike. It looks like an XS and an FJ had a love child. The engine is basically the same as the FJ11 engine from 1984 (SWMBO's bike), and the front end reminds you of an XS. I remember reading about and seeing some pics of the bike in a Cycle World mag many years ago. I really liked it then and I still like it. I don't know how comfortable the riding position would be, but if I could be comfortable on one, I'd own one, possibly at the expense of one of my XS's.

Comment

xs650mike they do sell old school modern standard bikes in the states but not Yamaha. You should take a look at the Kawasaki ZRX 1200 R. Its a very similar bike and makes a nice modern alternative to our older XS/XJ bikes.

1983 XJ750 Midnight Maxim

Comment

I know about that one but I'm partial to air-cooled and even more partial to Yamahas. I used to own a GPZ 550 though and it was really a great bike,
                  used to lose a lot of way bigger and more modern bikes in the twisties with that thing.

Betcha if Yamaha does bring that bike to the states they'll leave off the oil cooler just like they did with the XJ750 Seca back in the '80s.
                  They just don't think Americans are "sophisticated" enough to want oil coolers. Don't know why, they don't have "Sahara-like" climates in Europe anyway
                  like they do in some places here.
                  Shiny side up,
                  650 Mike

Comment

zrx 1200

ya i really do like that bike. A guy i worked with at last job bought a boxed one. A year old never was assembled. got it for a song. like 4 g's or some ongodly low sum.
                    1982 XJ 1100
                    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
                    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

Comment

A friend got one. ZRX 1200 that is. Withot fairings, black.
                      Looks OK, a bit boring to ride. No character. Nice torque tho.

LP
                      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
                      X