getting a grip on wife's honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting a grip on wife's honda

wife wants me to put new grips on her 85 shadow-done a lot- just never got the t-shirt for this job- any tips-reccomendations?

grips

When ready to put the new grips on lube up the inside of the grips and the handle bars with hairspray. Acts as a lubricant when sliding grips on...and then turns into a psuedo glue when dried. Just did it on my GFs Cb350f. Seems to be working great.
    -Kirk

Comment

Get the grips that bolt on...

Or as koehlerk suggested...

LP
      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

If the old ones are stock just stick an air hose in the hole at the end and they will blow right off, as for sticking the new ones on , I use hair spray as well. Have done about 10 sets and never had one slip yet.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

grips

just got a buzz cut-guess i need to let my hair grow so i can justify buying hair spray- really guys thanks for the tip-xjguy

Comment

Use the hairspray called "Stiff Stuff" as it is the closest thing to spray epoxy you can get. My sister used to use it on her doo, and it would dry like concrete in no time.

I use it on the grips for my mountain bicycles, once the grips are set, they will not move.
            Ciao,

JL

82 XJ1100 (Not Named Yet)

Life not only begins at forty, it also begins to show.

Comment

Working...
            X