Kawasaki Nomad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki Nomad

Well after much deliberation, I have decided (I think) to buy a Kaw Nomad FI.
    I think this bike is a real beauty! And half the cost of a Hardley.

I hope to be able to purchase one by Oct. or Nov. this year.
    I will proly put the XS up for sale soon (as hard as that will be) so I will have a little downpayment mula.
    Anyone have any experience with this bike?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Wayne; 08-21-2002, 10:54 AM.
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Nice Muffs!

Wayne,

Do you think those mufflers will fit my XS? Ha Ha
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

NO!!! LOL

Comment

OK you have my permission to buy the bike, if u send me the side cases... I'm looking for a set of those (or similar).

LP

PS: Don't ask me bout the color, any would do
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

And I say again. NO!!!
          Although I do have a coupla samsonites I'll send ya.

Comment

I like the Nomads, too. Nice sounding...if you like potatoes...hydraulic lifters (YES!!)...fuel injection (YESSS!!!)...nice to look at. Many of the cycle mag reports and reviews I've seen are positive. In a test (Motorcycle Cruiser mag I believe) versus similar sized cruisers; however, the big Kaw was reported to be a little underpowered compared to the rest. That's probably not an issue unless you plan on street-war roll-ons between stop lights. Still too rich for me, though. I'm going to keep my XS11 and even in full dress will still be able to out run most of the cruisers on the road today.
            Dennis

Comment

I agree Dennis, I have decided to keep the XS a little longer. Mine, too, is a full tourer. I really love the bike. I would love a new one but I have several reasons for not buying it. First is the payment. I figure I can take the money I would spend on a new moto payment every month and spend it on the XS. By the end of several months I would have one hell of a bike.

So for now the XS gets a stay of execution.

Comment

Sounds like you've made a good rational decision, Wayne. If you've got a good-running, solid XS, it's worth much more than it's market value. My buddy rides a 2001 'Wing....$25,000 Canadian. Although I lack a few of the 'Wing creature comforts, my $1700 XS keeps pace with him quite nicely and I can do a lot of mods and upgrades on the XS for less than he spends on tires every season. He only got about 10,000 kms on his stock set of tires! Take care.
                Dennis

Comment

Working...
                X